The Bridge Sports Podcast
About This Show
The Bridge is a weekly sports podcast that will take you through a myriad of sports topics — both current and overall intriguing — that also features a wide variety of sports media professionals as guests to help enhance conversation.
Most Recent Episode
The Bridge Ep. 55: Oliver Maroney, NBA writer extraordinaire, joins the show to discuss his writing career and the biggest storylines around the league before the All-Star break
7 days ago
Nobody circles the wagons quite like the National Football League when it comes to sports talk radio, but we can thankfully put football on the back burner for the next several weeks without feeling bad about it. Now, we can tailor our focus to basketball, and specifically for this week, the NBA.
Before we get into Episode 55, as a reminder, The Bridge is now broadcast as a one-hour radio show every Wednesday night at 7 ET on Sports Radio America. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and this website on Fridays. You can listen to the live show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app.
* “Sports News Read Like Real News” told the tale of the downward spiral that is the New York Knicks (2:18).
* The Bridge Question of the Week is: What needs to happen to save the New York Knicks? Call in or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
* This week’s guest was Oliver Maroney, an NBA writer now for Dime on UPROXX and a member of the Professional Basketball Writers Association. Oliver has written for an array of different outlets and does a great job of telling the stories of those who may not always get the ink they deserve. We’ll chat about his writing career before getting in to the main storylines around the NBA.
* You can follow him on Twitter @OMaroneyNBA. The interview starts at the 9:23 mark.
– In the interview, we discuss:
What made him decide to become an NBA writer (9:40), writing stories about subjects found “deeper down the bench” (10:38), if any stories stick out to him as a favorite (12:48), what it was like to have his James Harden piece covered on major media outlets, including First Take (15:38), if that piece will come true (18:19), what the process for writing stories is like (20:36), what’s the biggest storyline that no one has been talking about (30:18), if he’s Team Dolan or Team Oakley (33:36)