The Backyard Banter Podcast
About This Show
Every sports media analyst gets asked "How did you get your job?" Now The Backyard Banter Podcast finally gives them a chance answer that question. Through a series of interviews with some of the best in the business, NFL.com's Matt Harmon aspiring writers and analysts a guide to how to navigate getting started in the industry. Even if sports are not your interest or you hold no media aspirations, this podcast will speak to anyone that loves relishing in a good story. Each guest brings a unique background and perspective to the world at large that we all can relate to.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 44: Jason Romano - Just a different dream
< 1 day ago
We're back. After a hiatus during the football season, The Backyard Banter Podcast makes a long awaited return and the first episode doesn't disappoint. Now former ESPN employee Jason Romano joins the show to discuss his 17-plus year tenure with the network as a producer and in various other sectors and most importantly, his recent decision to leave his dream job to pursue a different dream.
Highlights from this episode include:
- How Jason "won the lottery" and landed a dream job with ESPN.
- The importance of networking while never asking for a job
- What it's like being someone who is behind the scenes and not necessarily on the center stage.
- Why Jason chose to leave ESPN and what he's onto next.
- At the end of the day, it's all really about stories.