Marketing tips for translators - podcast
About This Show
Marketing tips for translators is a podcast featuring interviews with successful freelance translators on different marketing tools and strategies, plus solo shows with step by step instructions and tips for a successful freelance career and lifestyle for translators.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 134: How to Respond Constructively to Customer Complaints – Interview with Sherif Abuzid
5 days ago
No matter how good we are at translation, we can’t avoid running into a dissatisfied customer at one time or another. It is part of running a business and providing services. In this episode, we talk about how to handle dissatisfied customers, and how to respond to them in a constructive way.
Important things covered in this episode:
* Things we should do when we first receive a complaint or negative feedback from a customer.
* Tips on how we can respond in a constructive way.
* How we can make amends, or make it better for both the customer and ourselves.
* Things we can do if a client is still not happy and doesn't want to pay.
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
* Translation Partner
* "Get Clients Now" by C.J. Hayden
* Why complaints are important: “A Complaint is a Gift” by Janelle Barlow
* “How to Reply to a Negative Feedback about Your Translation” article by Sherif Abuzid
It is important to discuss good strategies for handling customer complaints, and how to make the best of a situation with a dissatisfied customer. And the best strategy is of course to avoid them altogether, but it might not always be possible. Have you ever experienced dissatisfied clients or received customer complaints? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
The online platform connecting global business and the language industry. On multilingual.com you will find anything you need to know about industry related events, news, development and opportunities.
Collaborative translation platform for companies and freelancers. See what true collaboration looks like here.
Rated 5 out of
A must-listen for any linguist or freelancer
Well considered questions and thoughtful responses, this is a very insightful show that brings something fresh and new to the translation community. I consider myself an experienced translator but have learnt something valuable from every episode so far. The perfect dose of inspiration on my morning walks.
Date published: 2014-02-24