Marketing tips for translators - podcast
About This Show
Marketing tips for translators is a podcast featuring interviews with successful freelance translators on different marketing tools and strategies, plus solo shows with step by step instructions and tips for a successful freelance career and lifestyle for translators.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 121: Translations in the mobile world – Interview with Dorota Pawlak
In this episode we’ll be talking about app translation, mobile translation and localization, which are set to become even bigger in our industry in the future. If you’ve never worked with localization before then you will learn a great deal from today’s podcast, and if you have, hopefully you will hear some interesting new facts and tips. I’m happy to welcome Dorota Pawlak to the show. Dorota is a translator and localizer from Poland, and is trained not only in translation, but also in multilingual localization.
Important things covered in this episode:
* A growing demand for the localization of mobile products – challenges and opportunities
* The differences between document and app translation
* How to become a great app translator
* Do you need a technical or programming background?
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
* Dorota’s websites: dorotapawlak.eu and polishlocalisation.com
* Dorota’s course on website localization
* Free tutorials on programming languages:
* XML Tutorial
* Learn Android 4.0;
* Udemy for Beginners
* Android Development from Scratch
* Learning iOS Programming
* Create iPhone Apps from Scratch
* Building mobile apps: YouTube
* Processing XML files in memoQ and Trados Studio:
* YouTube XML
My thanks to Dorota for sharing her knowledge on the subject. Thank you also to all the listeners who have taken the time to tune in. If you have anoth
Rated 5 out of
A must-listen for any linguist or freelancer
Well considered questions and thoughtful responses, this is a very insightful show that brings something fresh and new to the translation community. I consider myself an experienced translator but have learnt something valuable from every episode so far. The perfect dose of inspiration on my morning walks.
Date published: 2014-02-24