Marketing tips for translators - podcast
About This Show
Marketing tips for translators is a podcast featuring interviews with successful freelance translators on different marketing tools and strategies, plus solo shows with step by step instructions and tips for a successful freelance career and lifestyle for translators.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 124: Ask Me Anything – Websites and social media
6 days ago
Hello and welcome to Marketing Tips for Translators. In today’s Ask Me Anything episode, I will be answering questions about marketing your services online via LinkedIn or through your own website, and I’ll also be looking at the advantages and possible pitfalls of blogging in your source language(s).
Important things covered in this episode:
* Creating a professional and effective LinkedIn profile
* The advantages of a personal profile vs. a company page
* Websites – your personal online hub
* Writing blogs and LinkedIn posts in your source language(s)
* What to consider before setting up a bilingual blog
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
* Using LinkedIn Efficiently to Find Translation Clients: marketingtipsfortranslators.com/using-linkedin-efficiently-to-find-translation-clients
* Using LinkedIn to market translation services – Interview with Anne Diamantidis: marketingtipsfortranslators.com/episode-4
* Ask Me Anything – About Websites and Analytics as Marketing Tools: marketingtipsfortranslators.com/episode-104
That’s all for today’s episode. I hope I’ve answered your questions thoroughly, but feel free to follow up with more if you would like clarification on anything! Check out this episode's sponsors below. Thank you so much for listening, and good luck working on your LinkedIn profiles and/or websites; I wish you every success. Until next time!
A special thanks to Catherine Metcalfe for editing the show notes.
The online platform connecting global business and the language industry. On multilingual.com you will find anything you need to know about industry related events, news, development and opportunities
Lilt is a translation tool that learns the way you translate and helps you translat
Rated 5 out of
A must-listen for any linguist or freelancer
Well considered questions and thoughtful responses, this is a very insightful show that brings something fresh and new to the translation community. I consider myself an experienced translator but have learnt something valuable from every episode so far. The perfect dose of inspiration on my morning walks.
Date published: 2014-02-24