Lubetkin on Communications Podcast
About This Show
This is Steve Lubetkin’s primary blog (formerly “Lubetkin’s Other Blog”), where he comments on journalism, communications, and public relations issues of importance, and encourages a dialogue with readers. Steve is a veteran public relations practitioner and a long-time national leader in the Public Relations Society of America. The podcast features seminar programs and interviews about communications, journalism, and other public relations topics.
Most Recent Episode
Meet the Media, a PRSA NJ panel, on the Lubetkin on Communications Podcast
On this episode of the Lubetkin on Communications podcast, we present this year’s “Meet the Media” panel, sponsored by the New Jersey Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. The panel was held March 30, 2017 at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ.
The panelists were:
* Karin Price Mueller, writes the Bamboozled consumer affairs column and a money column for The Star-Ledger/NJ.com; and is Founder of consumer finance website NJMoneyHelp.com. She lives in N.J. with her husband – Star-Ledger reporter Mark Mueller – their three kids and an English Mastiff, Mojo. Whatever they don’t eat goes into her retirement savings accounts.
* Nick Corasaniti, a reporter that covers politics for The New York Times, and is in his home state focusing on the governor’s race and any other NJ story or interest, from infrastructure to crime to dining. Before coming back to NJ, Nick covered the presidential campaign, spending his days on the road with Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, and Donald Trump.
* Charell Star is a digital journalist who covers the latest styles, technology and trends as a contributor for Marie Claire, Fox5–Good Day New York, NBC New York Live, Second Look TV, and various broadcast and digital media outlets. She also has her own lifestyle blog, Not Just A Girl In A Dress, plus blogs for Sister 2 Sister, eHow, VinePair, MommyNoire, and MadameNoire. In 2015, she was awarded Black Enterprise Magazine’s “Follow-Worthy Blogger of the Year.”
* Gwen Orel, Features Editor, The Montclair Local. Gwen served as arts editor of The Montclair Times from 2013 to 2016 before joining The Montclair local. She has won a variety of writing awards and has contributed to a range of publications including New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and more. She has a PhD in theatre, and when not doing her day job, is a playwrite, and runs the website New York Irish Arts.com. The has three cats – one of which likes to unwind the toilet paper roll.
* Phil Alongi, Executive Producer, NJTV News and Director of Program Development. He oversees all news operations for NJTV, including its flagship weeknight news program NJTV News with Mary Alice Williams, and is responsible for the network’s program expansi
Episodes of This Show
Jul 13 16