Split Screen Podcast
About This Show
A Podcast that compares film remakes to their source material (comic books, television, movies) to discover the similarities, expose the differences and provide insight to put it all into context; also Bollywood shenanigans!
Most Recent Episode
Split Screen Podcast: Episode 28 – The ‘Dulhania’ Franchise
Sometimes the same group of successful film makers and actors coming together means gold for audiences, as well as the box office. Many legendary filmmakers have worked with the same group of actors and crew for collaborations that have become epic in film history. But sometimes, those same associations produce drastically different results. In this episode of the Split Screen Podcast, we take a look at two films made by the exact same people, but each varies in quality, message and over all purpose.
Episode 28 compares the differences between ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ & ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’.
If this is your first time listening to the show, here is a brief description:
The Split Screen Podcast compares and analyzes movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. This episode compares the thematic sequels of two Bollywood movies made by the exact same cast & crew, with disastrous differences.
* Shah welcomes Kathy back to the show, and catches up on what she’s been up to.
* Shah discusses how the two films are connected, and just how they’re considered ‘thematic reboots’.
* Kathy gives synopsizes & recaps ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’.
* Shah & Kathy discuss ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ and why it was a commercial & critical success.
* Kathy’s Movie Review of ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ can be found here.
* Shah synopsizes & recaps ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’.
* Shah & Kathy try to restraint themselves as they discuss how the film deviated from its predecessor.
* Shah’s Movie Review of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ can be found here.
* Kathy’s Movie Review of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ can be found here.
Where To Find Kathy
Kathy’s Bollywood movie review website: Access
Rated 5 out of
Fascinating stuff! Treat for movie buffs.
It has been barely a few months when I came across the word PODCAST for the very first time i.e. POD (ipod) + BROADCAST! And now, I am absolutely in love with it. Coming to this show presented by the charismatic voice of Shah Shahid, it's an absolute treat for movie buffs. Especially if you are into Bollywood. The SPLIT SCREEN PODCAST compares original films with it's remakes. And well, I am happy to say this that all of the six episodes are rich in content, full of delicious conversations. Talking about Shah, the host of the show, he is doing a marvellous job. He is simply fun to listen. Likewise, so are his guests on the show. The runtime of each episode on average is around 30-35 minutes. And it all passes without even a snatch of boredom. Well, it all depends. If you into movies, Shah has lots of fascinating stuff for you to talk about. But if you are not, you can try listening to one of his episode's for his voice only. Highly recommended by me. Especially for all the cinephile's who have some interest in Indian films. It's worth your time.
Date published: 2015-12-05