Split Screen Podcast
About This Show
A Podcast that compares film remakes to their source material (comic books, television, movies) to discover the similarities, expose the differences and provide insight to put it all into context; also Bollywood shenanigans!
Most Recent Episode
Split Screen Podcast: Episode 30 – Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ Trailer Compared To ‘Little Boy’s
Film adaptations of other films are usually that, adapted from the original material. Aspects of the original film that is changed, modified and tweaked to fit the context and setting of the remake. Because of this, the marketing and trailers of both films will invariably differ from one another. Or at least, they should. This episode we compare two films, one that is yet to released, but whom both have trailers that look incredibly similar.
In episode 30, Kathy Gibson joins me for a unique look at the Trailers of Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ compared to the original ‘Little Boy’ Trailer.
If this is your first time listening to the show, here is a brief description:
The Split Screen Podcast compares and analyzes movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. This episode compares the trailers of two films that seems to almost have been made exactly alike.
* We catch up on Kathy’s latest Bollywood Movie Reviews.
* Shah & Kathy bitch about ‘Half Girlfriend’.
* Kathy’s Review of ‘Half Girlfriend’.
* Kathy highly reccommends ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’.
* Kathy’s Review of ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’.
* Kathy has ‘Baahubali’ fever!
* Kathy’s Review of ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’.
* Kathy discusses the economy of Bollywood Box Office ticket prices in North America.
* Shah shares his sad and deceptive ‘Lord Of The Rings’ story.
* You can watch the trailer for ‘Little Boy’ here.
* Watch the trailer for ‘Tubelight’ here.
* Shah’s in depth breakdown of all the problems with the ‘Tubelight’ trailer can be read here.
Rated 5 out of
Fascinating stuff! Treat for movie buffs.
It has been barely a few months when I came across the word PODCAST for the very first time i.e. POD (ipod) + BROADCAST! And now, I am absolutely in love with it. Coming to this show presented by the charismatic voice of Shah Shahid, it's an absolute treat for movie buffs. Especially if you are into Bollywood. The SPLIT SCREEN PODCAST compares original films with it's remakes. And well, I am happy to say this that all of the six episodes are rich in content, full of delicious conversations. Talking about Shah, the host of the show, he is doing a marvellous job. He is simply fun to listen. Likewise, so are his guests on the show. The runtime of each episode on average is around 30-35 minutes. And it all passes without even a snatch of boredom. Well, it all depends. If you into movies, Shah has lots of fascinating stuff for you to talk about. But if you are not, you can try listening to one of his episode's for his voice only. Highly recommended by me. Especially for all the cinephile's who have some interest in Indian films. It's worth your time.
Date published: 2015-12-05