Smalley Marriage Radio
About This Show
Smalley Marriage Radio is like having your own personal relationship expert wherever you go – and for free! A Marriage and Family expert and International Speaker of over 20 years, Michael Smalley has been inspiring great relationships through proven strategies for years. The Smalley Podcast is the result of our work through the Smalley Institute. If you want to learn how to resolve conflict, better communicate, and actually increase the intimacy in your most important relationships…then this is the show for you! Discover how to get along and argue well, which will restore the hope and satisfaction back to your relationship.
Most Recent Episode
How to talk with your kids about the election
1 day ago
In this political season we thought it might be helpful to offer some advice on how to talk with your kids about the election, especially one that is so intense and divisive.
And we’ll give you our thoughts on who we are going to vote for…yeah, right!
If you are wanting immediate help with your relationship, please check out our online library of marriage and parenting courses!
* Nearly 100 hours of powerful, relationship changing video
* In-depth study content, questions, and more
* An online experience based on our best relationship series like Keys to Loving Lasting Relationships, DNA of Relationships, Reignite, Homes of Honor, and so much more
Why are campaigns so negative?
* Because fear and hate mean votes.
* People pay more attention to negative news than positive
* Unfortunately, we’ve taught politicians and news orgs that fear and hate sell
Do we need to be afraid of who wins?
* Who’s ultimately in control? God.
* Politicians come and go, but eternity is forever.
Please be reasonable…
* We’ve got to show our kids that we can watch opposing views and discuss matters of disagreement without losing our minds.
* Use bad ads as an opportunity for discussion
Some good questions from PBS: A parent’s guide to talking about the Presidential Election…http://www.pbs.org/parents/special/election/article-theraceison.html
What is voting?
Who can vote?
Why can’t kids vote?
Why should people vote?
Can I come to the party?
Can I become president?
What does the President do?
What do donkeys and elephants have to do with being president?
How can kids get involved in the election?
Also, don’t forget…
If you haven’t left a review yet in iTunes, don’t be shy, it’s easy to do and it really lets me know you’re listening (and others too). Click here.
This show was brought to you by the Smalley Institute. If your relationship is on life support,