SB Weekly - the sport business podcast
About This Show
SB Weekly is a must listen podcast for anyone working in the sports industry or with a keen interest in the business of sport and those who work in it.
Each episode features an interview with a senior sports executive where Matt Cutler gets to know them, what makes them tick, and the reasons for their career successes to date, a little bit better.
Most Recent Episode
2 days ago
Rob Mitchell, commercial director at Premier League football club AFC Bournemouth, is the feature interview on this week's SB Weekly.Bournemouth are one of the extraordinary success stories of English football. Struggling in the fourth-tier less than a decade ago, the Cherries are now in their second Premier League season and thriving under manager Eddie Howe. Rob’s been with the club throughout that rollercoaster journey, joining in 2008 following stints at creative design agency the Cedar Group and rival south-coast team Southampton.
On the podcast, Rob discusses:
* How his commercial revenue target has increased by 750%
* The club's investment into Big Data and understanding its fanbase better
* How his team is approaching selling its sleeve sponsorship, a new piece of Premier League inventory
* Why a new stadium will be a commercial game-changer for the club
* How Bournemouth is positioning itself to attract more multi-national companies as sponsors
* Why a new website will be a key piece of additional sponsor inventory going forward.