Rock Your Retirement Show
About This Show
Retirement isn’t just about money. In our show we talk about the other things that will impact you such as: Social and Family Adventure and Travel Volunteer and Philanthropy Spiritual/soul Sex in retirement (I usually have therapists discuss this topic) Helping your parents/sandwich generation issues Baby Boomers are often helping both their children and their parents at the same time. Our goal is to help you have a great retirement, regardless of the amount of money you’ve saved. We want you to Rock Your Retirement!
Most Recent Episode
How do I find a Home for Mom? Episode 62
< 1 day ago
How do I find a home for Mom when she needs more help than I can give?
Today’s guest of the Rock Your Retirement show was Sydney Kennedy. She specializes in answering the question, “How do I find a home for Mom?”. Sydney immigrated to the USA in 1987 and worked with animal causes in fundraising and development. She has experience developing conferences and workshops for UCSD CONNECT (and Sydney and I have a connection here that you can learn about by listening to the show). In 2006 started devoting her time, knowledge, and experience to Elder Care and senior housing.
As a Certified Senior Adviser (CSA) she is well equipped to assist families:
* Find a home for Mom
* Understand the difference between referral and placement
* Assess the needs of the family
* Take into consideration including health status
* Assumed future health status based on current condition
* Assess the financial parameters of the family including Long Term Care Insurance, Veterans Benefits and other programs
* Understand the geographical needs of the family
* consider family involvement or potential lack therof in assessing where the family member should be placed
* Understand that important background and other interests such as:
* Places to gather such as Pubs or coffee shops inside the community
* Gaming groups for socialization such as bridge groups or card groups
* Other background that is important
Secrets about Retirement Your Broker won’t tell you. Get your FREE report NOW!
We also discussed how someone would avoid pitfalls when they need to find a home for mom and simplify the process when you need to find a home for mom or other loved one.
These services are typically free to the family since the communities will pay (similar to a travel agent or realtor).
Senior Housing Experts o