About This Show
Because health and happiness begin by being good to yourself. Are you ready for big, sustainable change in your life? Body Kindness is here to help! I’m your host Rebecca Scritchfield, Registered Dietitian and Health & Happiness Expert. I’m joined by my great friend Bernie Salazar, the Season 5 At Home winner of NBC’s The Biggest Loser. Since leaving the show and becoming a dad, Bernie is looking to make realistic healthy habits stick in the real world.
So we’re helping each other and you to create a wellness vision, so we can build habits that last and a healthy life we love.
My approach for cultivating lasting change focuses on the practice of body kindness, taking good care of yourself and connecting to your body through daily feel-good choices, big and small. Show topics include healthy eating, intuitive eating, mindful eating, stress, sleep, weight concerns and non diet approaches.
Body Kindness is the perfect podcast if you want to truly feel healthy without food rules or diet plans. We’ll explore how our minds and our bodies talk to each other and how they influence our choices. We’ll tackle what it really takes to transform your habits.
I believe we’re all “health in progress”, so Body Kindness is a diet-free, judgement free zone that’s all about gratitude, respect and fun.
Changing habits isn’t easy. But when your goals come from a place of kindness you really can become your healthiest and happiest self. Tune in to start your journey!
Most Recent Episode
#14 - The Benefits Of Gratitude
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, today we’re talking about the benefits of gratitude. We talk about why gratitude matters to Body Kindness, and how to be grateful even when it’s hard.
My new book Body Kindness is out on December 27 and is available to pre-order now! - bit.ly/bodykindnessbook
Want to get the Feel Great Guide and Self-Care Journal, plus exclusive access to my resources? Sign up here - bit.ly/1KsGLnO
We'd love if you could rate us on iTunes - it helps spread the Body Kindness message - http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1073275062
Have a question or comment? Get in touch - bit.ly/contactrebecca
Here's what we talked about:
- What is gratitude? Bernie and Rebecca discuss their definitions and why a gratitude practice is an important key for unlocking health and happiness
- Rebecca shares how gratitude can boost your positive emotions, which can help you stick to goals and build new habits
- Bernie shares examples of how gratitude helped him when he went to a job he hated every day
- Bernie and Rebecca shared stories of loss and how gratitude could be helpful in coping with tragedy by helping you find "goodness" and meaning in your life again.
- Rebecca summarised that gratitude is really about building and strengthening relationships and your connections to other people. This has a massive impact on your choices and self talk and you’re more likely to appreciate the gifts and blessings you already have.
- There’s also a growth impact that motivates you to create even more good in the world - the Pay It Forward effect and what famed sociologist Georg Simmel calls “the moral memory of mankind.” bit.ly/2fVwvkk
- Bernie and Rebecca discuss ways to enjoy the holidays without the guilt or the rules
What are you grateful for? Join our gratitude challenge this month -- let us know on Instagram with the hashtag #bodykindness bit.ly/2g2zEOc
- Body Kindness is on pre-sale now! Get your copy and get a free group chat with Rebecca in January 2017, plus the recording and supporting materials. Visit bodykindnessbook.com/limited-time-offer and enter your code grateful
- The Importance of Gratitude bit.ly/2fBelQY
- Happify Daily: The Science Behind Gratitude bit.ly/2fBdmjy
- Greater Good: What Is Gratitude? bit.ly/2fBfJ5V
- Also on Greater Good: Pay It Forward bit.ly/2fVwvkk
- The Order of Good Death bit.ly/2fBewvC
- #bodykindness on Instagram bit.ly/2g2zEOc
Nothing in this podcast is meant to pr