Re: Anime Podcast
About This Show
Re:Anime - Your one stop pod for all your anime reviews, reactions, and recommendations! Check back each week for all the latest talk on the currently airing shows, breakdown of classics, chats with guests about deeper topics, and analysis of the daily news in the anime-sphere!
Most Recent Episode
Re: Anime Podcast Talks - Harems: Helpful or Harmful?
We’re back with a brand new twist! This week, /u/dbcitizen joins us on the first edition of the Re: Anime Podcast Talks, or Trap Talks! For our topic, we discuss how harem anime have become increasingly prevalent in recent years, as well as its potential impact for the future of the industry. On that note, can harem anime ever finds its footing in the West? Or will it stifle anime’s chance of becoming globally “mainstream”? All these questions and more are answered!
1:55 Is It Wrong to Pick Up Guests from the Internet? with /u/dbcitizen
- 2:40 Why talk about harem anime?
- 4:20 Defining Harems in Anime
- 7:24 SAO and Others: Harem or Only Harem Elements?
- 8:30 No Doubt Harems (and their Problems)
- 10:29 Reacting to To Love Ru (Possible Ending Spoilers for the First Series)
- 12:30 Guilty Pleasures and their Place in Media (in the East and West)
- 13:13 Divides in Genre in Western Media
- 15:28 The Reactions to Harem Anime
- 16:48 The Future of the Western Anime Market
- 23:15 Nisekoi: Not as Pointless as You Might Think It Is
- 24:50 Evangelion’s Influence on the Harem Genre (Establishing and Shaking Up Tropes)
- 32:53 The “Best Girl” Mindset
Anime discussed: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Nisekoi, Love Hina, The Testament of Sister New Devil, Rosario + Vampire, Sword Art Online, To Love Ru, Monster Musume
Rated 5 out of
Nice and to the point podcast.
If you don't have the time to listen to the long anime podcrafts this is the show for you. It is hosted by a very smart and beautiful FateSteelTaylor who will keep you entertained for half hours on end.
Date published: 2016-01-13