Pushing The Edge with Greg Curran
About This Show
If you're passionate about Making a Difference. If you love nothing more than thinking and working 'Outside The Box' - Making Change Happen especially on the Social Justice front - Then you're in the right place.
Join me (Greg Curran) as I chat to educators who are Pushing The Edges of Innovation and Social Justice in their schools.
You'll learn how to navigate the bumps along the way; get buy-in from your colleagues and community; challenge the 'business as usual', and bring change to fruition. Plus we'll fuel you for the drive with plenty of inspiration along the way.
Find Show Notes and Resources at: pushingtheedge.org.
Most Recent Episode
Creating Safe Schools with Roz Ward - PTE029
It's what we want for all our students - safe schools.
For some students though - school is the most unsafe place for them to be.
And increasingly they're saying, 'enough is enough if our school leaders & teachers won't take action to make school safe for us we will.'
In this episode of Pushing The Edge, young people taking the lead -to make their schools safer and more inclusive for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students and their families.
Plus, how 1 organisation, The Safe Schools Coalition of Australia is supporting these students and their teachers.
We've got a swag of tips and insights so that you can join us and drive change in your school.
We're also pushing the edges of normalcy, safety, voice and being an ally in another fast and furious Lightning Round.
Our special guest is Roz Ward, Manager of the Safe Schools Coalition in Victoria, Australia.
For full Show-Notes, go to: http://PushingTheEdge.org/29
▪ Why Roz pushes the edge for gender and sexual diversity in schools (1:55)
▪ The school experiences of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (GLBTI) students (3:10)
▪ How the perspectives of GLBTI young people has changed - substantially (4:12)
▪ How GLBTI are leading the way and changing school cultures (7:10)
▪ The themes young people are organizing around (8:35)
▪ Making connections across points of difference (9:15)
▪ Facing opposition: What's the reality here? (13:55)
▪ Getting staff and parents on board (17:15)
▪ Making connection to other forms of discrimination - strategie