The Package, Podcast, and Profit Show
About This Show
Serve up your expertise, magnify your message, and prosper from your platform. The Package, Podcast, and Profit Show will teach you how to grow your platform by leveraging content marketing & podcasting.
Most Recent Episode
PPP008 Jessica Rhodes - Growing Your Business and Building Relationships Through Podcast Interviews
Mar 9 16
I have with me today a phenomenal business woman and a good associate of mine. Her name is Jessica Rhodes and she is founder and CEO of Interview Connections, the premier source for booking outstanding podcast guests. The Interview Connections team of Booking Agents works with podcasters to find and book guests for their shows. Jessica has made very bold moves in her company and I am excited about the nuggets of wisdom that she can impart to all of us today. Here are some highlights from our conversation:
- When Jessica was pregnant with her first child, she wanted to be a stay-home mom but she knew that it was not an option for her to be a stay-at-home mom with no income. She started as a virtual assistant for her dad, who was a business coach, and as she was working for him, she started booking him for podcast interviews. What she realized was that she was getting entrepreneurs ask her about what she did and one by one, they were asking her to book for them as well. That is how her business was first conceptualized and Interview Connections was born.
- If you want to reach people, you want to put out content in multiple places. People who listen to your podcasts may not exactly like video, and people who are on video might not be reading your blog. It is an important strategy to have your content in multiple places so that you are able to reach more people and for you to be visible to more people.
- She says the relationships that you build when being interviewed for a podcast show are so powerful. It is not a sales conversation and there is no pressure – it is a conversation where you get to know each other and make a valuable connection. It is also beneficial for you as a guest because you are being presented to targeted listeners who are really paying attention.
- A lot of people think that they need to guest on a podcast with a huge audience. What you need to do is to get connected with a podcast which has your target audience. It doesn’t matter how big the downloads are or how many the people listening – if you are in front of an audience who are your target market, you are going to have tons of business coming your way.
- For people who want to get interviewed as a podcast guest, they need to focus on what do they look like to the person that they would like to be interviewed by. Always start with the online presence. Make sure your online prese