About This Show
Join us for candid conversations about photography and business. We are three women entrepreneurs who talk about networking, workflow, client relationships and more. We're not afraid to share our own ups and downs and we'll help you tackle yours. We'll have guest speakers & answer listener questions, all while giving you tips & tricks to help get you through the year! Hosted by Kate Mills, Julie Ferneau, and Ashley DuChene.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 49: Twitter Marketing with Mark Mikelat
2 days ago
Mark Mikelat joins us in studio this week to chat about TWITTER! Twitter is a mystery to us.. we'll just come out and say it: We kinda suck at Twitter. We don't understand the whole 140 characters or less, abbreviations, acronyms, etc jam that is Twitter. So we REALLY needed to have Mark in-studio to help us! Mark is an online marketing expert who specializes in helping small businesses with their marketing systems. As small business owners, the biggest mistake we can make is being great at what we do (photography... what what!) but not learning how to properly market ourselves so nobody knows we exist. So here are some tips from Mark on how to get your voice heard on Twitter! Be sure to tune in for more: Key Points: Understand the advantages and disadvantages of Twitter (and other social media networks): Mark used the following analogy to describe Twitter marketing vs. Facebook marketing: Twitter marketing is like a conversation in a hallway. It's super fast but it's dispersed. You might only be chatting for 30 seconds, but other people might overhear you. Facebook is like a conversation in a bar. It's longer, friendly, and more casual, but people can change the subject on you. Once you understand WHY you should be using Twitter, you can better understand HOW to use it. Avoid selling to people on Twitter: Don't go on Twitter and tell people to BUY THIS BUY THIS BUY THIS. Instead, use Twitter to stir interest in yourself and your product/services. Use hashtags (2 to be exact) to connect with people, and have a conversation with someone via Twitter about your work, your product, etc. You want to create engagement instead of just selling to people. Here's another analogy: think abut your favorite celebrity on a late night talk show (I'm going to imagine Justin Timberlake on Jimmy Fallon... just saying). They chat about their life, funny stories about their kids, etc for quite awhile before mentioning the real reason they're there (to market their film, album, etc). They're marketing themselves but they're not being super obvious. Keep an 80/20 ratio: You want 80% of your social media chatter to be engaging, inspiring, and educating your audience. The remaining 20% can be spent promoting yours