Engaging Gospel Doctrine (Mormon Sunday School - LDS)
About This Show
Mormon Stories Sunday School is a supplementary and preparatory resource that models substantive, engaged, and informative approaches to learning and teaching the scriptures and gospel.
Most Recent Episode
244.2: The Second Coming of Jesus (D&C Gospel Doctrine Lesson 21)
5 days ago
“Looking Forth for the Great Day of the Lord to Come”
I know I often use superlatives relating to these lessons, but this topic might deserve a few. Is there any topic more thrilling and discussion provoking as the Second Coming? When I subbed youth Sunday School and asked for questions, the Second Coming was a requested topic. This is blockbuster movie material. And it has been.
What most believers don’t know is that believers have been fascinated with the idea of the Second Coming since the first generation of Christians, and that ideas of God fixing the world go back even further! This lesson will
* Explore the way members have talked about the Second Coming, both currently and in the past
* Provide two “take home” approaches, namely:
* The timing of the Second Coming is not like a scheduled plane flight; we have a role in preparing the world for the Second Coming, to build Zion and doing what we can to repair the world
* It is problematic, even harmful to depend on the Second Coming arriving by a certain time. As prophets have summarized, we should live prepared for the return of Jesus, but we should also make responsible long term plans (“still plant cherry trees”). Most urgently, we need to be wise stewards of the earth and prepare for the long term.
* Discuss the Millennium
* I will also go over the history of the idea of the Second Coming.
$5 $10 $25 $50
One Time Donation:
$10 $25 $50
Rated 5 out of
Great for listening after studying the lesson. Then I have to go back and review the points i overlooked the first time.
Date published: 2014-03-21
Rated 5 out of
Mormon Sunday School
Love it. I wish every Sunday school lesson at church is as enriching as your program.
Date published: 2014-05-30