Machine Learning Guide
About This Show
This series aims to teach you the high level fundamentals of machine learning from A to Z. I'll teach you the basic intuition, algorithms, and math. We'll discuss languages and frameworks, deep learning, and more. Audio may be an inferior medium to task; but with all our exercise, commute, and chores hours of the day, not having an audio supplementary education would be a missed opportunity. And where your other resources will provide you the machine learning trees, I’ll provide the forest. Additionally, consider me your syllabus. At the end of every episode I’ll provide the best-of-the-best resources curated from around the web for you to learn each episode’s details.
Most Recent Episode
3 days ago
Can AI be conscious?
Inspirations for AI
- economic automation
- cogsci: neuroscience, neuro-x(biology, physiology, computational __, etc), psychology, philosophy, AI
** computational neuroscience => perceptron
** frank rosenblatt, warren McCulloche, walter pitts - all brain guys (neurobiology, neurophysiology, computational neuroscience respectively)
- intelligence (computation) vs consciousness (soul); intelligence in scale (animals); brain in scale; consciousness in scale?
- perception, self-identity, memory, attention; (self reflection is just a human-special component)
- awereness (qualia / sentience / subjective experience); modified by attention? (driving, dreams, coma)
- missing: emotions; just built-in goal reinforcemer. plus we don't know how machines experience reinforcement (floor-is-lava)
Hard vs soft problem
** soft problem = neuroscience
** hard problem = philosophy
** dualism: pineal gland, issue with physical->metaphysical; society of mind / connected intelligences
** maybe definitively non-science, since subjective
** maybe matter of time; phil is pre-science at each juncture; science turns magic => known (sickness). Either hard problem is unscientific (phil) or around the corner
Emergence (emergent property)
Computational theory of mind
- intelligence & consciousness connected / same
- think: word2vec = understanding?
- consciousness in scale; does this mean every layer has its own consciousness? Panpsychism. I don't know - just concerned with that which does exhibit intelligence
- integrated information theory
- freewill; conscious / awareness center activated after decision made; all the information in place before whole ; westworld
- planes, brains
- sans bio-plaus, functionalism; zombies; turing test; searle's chinese room
Philosophy of Mind: Brains, Consciousness, and Thinking Machines (http://amzn.to/2kQGgk5) `audio`