Motion to Resist! by the NLG
About This Show
Motion to Resist! is a bimonthly podcast by the Nat'l Lawyers Guild featuring progressive legal analysis by lawyers, legal workers & students on the frontlines of our modern social justice movements.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 2: The Untouchables
Sep 11 16
On this episode of MTR!, "The Untouchables," we take a look at the Panama Papers, the largest leak of documents in human history. Past NLG President David Gespass, a civil rights attorney in Birmingham, AL discusses what the Panama Papers reveal about the similarities between corporations and criminal enterprises.We’ll also listen to clips from Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, the Real News, C-Span, and Channel 4 News, and discuss the American Bar Association’s questionable response to the leak.
1. Intro feat. "Orange Juice" by Spectacular Spectacular , discussion of Telesur and Wall Street Journal articles
2. Channel 4 News Roundtable featuring Yanis Varoufakis
3. Emma's summary of the Panama Papers
4. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
5. Call for Donations
6. The Real News feat. Tim Johnson of McClatchy Newspapers
7. "Saturday Night" by Spectacular Spectacular
8. Interview with Attorney David Gespass
9. "Don't You Dare" by Spectacular Spectacular
10. Emma discusses American Bar Association report "Protecting Against Cyber Threats" (Committee's Phone: 312-988-5754)
11. "Let's Fly Away" by Spectacular Spectacular
12. Join the NLG!
13. Bernie Sanders discusses the Panama Free Trade Agreement in 2011