The Mom Hour with Meagan Francis and Sarah Powers
About This Show
The most fun you’ve ever had with two moms you’ve never met. Co-hosts Meagan Francis and Sarah Powers have eight kids between them, preschool to teen. Weekly conversations offer practical tips and real-life encouragement for moms who want to enjoy motherhood more, and cut back on comparison, worry, and stress. We’re not experts, we’re moms who’ve been there. We’re not perfect, we’re real. Welcome to The Mom Hour.
Most Recent Episode
How To Survive (And Even Enjoy) Playing Board Games With Kids: The Mom Hour, Episode 112
3 days ago
If one more game of Candy Land or Monopoly threatens to send you over sanity’s edge, this is the podcast episode for you. In Episode 112 of The Mom Hour, Meagan and Sarah offer practical tips for making game play as a family tolerable–and even fun.
We talk about including little players who can’t quite keep up, modifying games to minimize hurt feelings, and how to help kids win and lose gracefully as they grow. Plus we share our favorite family games and tips for storing and organizing board games in your home. Join us!
Warby Parker makes buying glasses online easy and risk-free. Their Home Try-On Program allows you to order 5 pairs of glasses shipped directly to your door, where you can try them on in the comfort of your own home for five days before sending them back using a free pre-paid return shipping label, with no obligation to purchase.
To get started with your FREE home try-on visit http://warbyparker.com/themomhour.
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in Episode 112
* 7 Ways To Survive Playing Board Games With Kids (Meagan’s 2013 blog post)
* Playful Parenting: An Exciting New Approach to Raising Children That Will Help You Nurture Close Connections, Solve Behavior Problems, and Encourage Confidence (Lawrence Cohen)
* Meagan’s new online course: Mothers of Reinvention: Foundations
* Phrase Party! (Catchphrase mobile app, available in Apple’s App Store and Google Play)
* How to leave an iTunes review (our simple guide)
* Episode 110: We Hate Fun, Revisted
Games & products mentione