Lux Research Podcast
About This Show
Lux Research is a strategic advisory firm that focuses on science-driven innovation and the innovation eco-system. We introduce our clients to new business opportunities in emerging technologies and support their strategic innovation decisions by providing ongoing technology scouting and market intelligence in the physical, material and life sciences.
Most Recent Episode
Beyond Finance: Blockchain’s Impact on the Power Sector
3 days ago
Venture firms throw billions of dollars at blockchain startups, while both startups and enterprises prepare to capitalize on the potentially massive opportunities for blockchain beyond finance. Developers are applying the approach to solve problems in power, supply chain, health care, media, and many other use cases. The technology is evolving rapidly and a rich ecosystem of players is assembling. Based on interviews with industry stakeholders and extensive secondary research, we find that the power sector has emerged as an early leader for blockchain development outside of finance, with the potential to cut costs and streamline processes in several types of power industry transactions.
In this podcast, we will address questions like:
- Why are we suddenly seeing so much action around blockchain outside of finance?
- How are most developers building blockchain solutions?
- What are the strengths/weakness of bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger?
- How is blockchain being used in power today?
- Why are we not expecting P2P to be mainstream for a long time?
- What are the main use cases outside of finance and how can blockchain have an impact?
- What are the obstacles to seeing more widespread blockchain deployments?
For a complimentary excerpt from the report Beyond Finance: Blockchain’s Impact on the Power Sector, click the following link: http://bit.ly/2hbNJGx
For more information on blockchain, please contact email@example.com
Be sure to subscribe to Lux Research on YouTube for more videos, and check out our podcasts over at iTunes, Stitcher and SoundCloud.