Adulting with Harlan L. Landes and Miranda Marquit
About This Show
The struggle is real. Even if you hate it, you need to #adult every day. Harlan and Miranda are uncertified experts, and they’ll guide you as you stumble through your jobs, relationships, finances, and life choices.
Most Recent Episode
[Adulting A064] Live the Dream: How to Set Up Your Work From Home Situation
6 days ago
An increasing number of people work from home today.
Even if you don’t own a home business, telecommuting is something that many companies are willing to allow — at least some of the time.
Whether you have a side gig, your own business, or you just work from home on occasion, a home office is a good investment in your career sanity.
Here’s how to set it all up.
* A look at why it’s so popular to work from home right now.
* Some of the “must haves” when it comes to a home office.
* How to decide on the right computer and software for your work from home needs.
* The difference between running your own business and working from home for someone else.
* Why you need a dedicated home office if you work from home regularly.
* Tips for cutting down on distractions when you work from home.
* How to get into “work mode” with your home office.
* The reality that sometimes you need to get out of the home office and work elsewhere.
This week’s DO NOWS focus on getting your home office-ready. Make sure you look around your home to identify potential spots for a home office. Also, you need to create a realistic list of the items you need to create your work from home reality.
Our listener question touches on a difficult issue for many people who work from home: what to do when the kids are too distracting? It’s not always a popular solution, but the reality is that sometimes you need to hire child care — even when you work from home.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on iTunes. We would really appreciate the feedback!