Become an Argument Ninja
About This Show
The Argument Ninja podcast is dedicated to helping you improve your skills at rational persuasion. Let philosopher Kevin deLaplante introduce you to a unique approach to critical thinking that combines logic and argumentation with the latest research on the psychology of persuasion and belief.
Most Recent Episode
010 - How to Build an Argument Matrix
< 1 day ago
Last episode I introduced an important concept for critical thinking, what I call an Argument Matrix.
In this episode I talk about the mindset, the tools and the literacy skills that are required to successfully build an Argument Matrix.
In This Episode:
- Recap: What is an Argument Matrix?
- How should we go about building an Argument Matrix?
- Three parts to my answer
(1) Mindset issues: confirmation bias, psychological barriers, fear
(2) Technology issues: capturing and organizing the right kind of information
(3) Literacy issues: media and information literacy, argument literacy, reading and writing literacy
- Why public education doesn't teach critical thinking