Become an Argument Ninja
About This Show
The Argument Ninja podcast is dedicated to helping you improve your skills at rational persuasion. Let philosopher Kevin deLaplante introduce you to a unique approach to critical thinking that combines logic and argumentation with the latest research on the psychology of persuasion and belief.
Most Recent Episode
012 - Trump, Persuasion and Hypnosis
7 days ago
This is the first episode since Donald Trump won the election, so you know I've got to talk about Trump!
In this episode I take up the question that Scott Adams has framed for us: is Donald Trump some kind of "master persuader" who uses persuasion techniques familiar to anyone trained in hypnosis? And is this the reason why he won the election?
In This Episode:
- Help me build the Argument Ninja Academy
- Scott Adams on Donald Trump: Master Persuader
- "Pacing and leading", Milton Erickson and hypnosis
- Confusion and hypnotic suggestibility
- Confusion and self-defense
- Confusion and the "Chewbacca Defense"
- Derren Brown: how to steal with hypnosis
- Hypnosis stage acts and the spectrum of hypnotizability
- Why Scott Adams was confident that Trump would win
- Is Trump a master persuader?
- Thinking critically about persuasion schools and persuasion science