The Strength Matters Podcast
About This Show
The Strength Matters team bring you the ultimate health & fitness podcast – Strength Matters. Bringing you killer interviews, fantastic information and winning strategies to keep you ahead of the fitness curve. Hosted by Seb Morgan & Josh Kennedy expect a barrel of laughs and fantastic interviews from some of the leading minds in health & fitness. Whether you’re a leading health & fitness professional or just getting started on your fitness journey, there’s definitely something for you here on the Strength Matters Podcast.
Most Recent Episode
SMP 117: Give me fuel, Give me fire, give me that which i desire with molly kieland
3 days ago
Today our guest is Molly Kieland the head coach and owner of the Fuel House Gym. Molly has been involved in athletics and fitness for a long time. She worked at a gym while she was becoming a certified trainer. She worked her way up to being a trainer and a full-time personal trainer. She also taught spin class. She has been in the industry for a long time and learned a lot from amazing people. After working at a gym that seemed mismanaged, Molly started teaching her own outside classes. Then she rented a studio space for her classes. Molly wanted something to nurture and realized that opening up a gym was the answer.
Molly and her husband opened Fuel House with about 25 members and now they have 100 members. It’s been a nice progressive slow growth. She owes her planning to other gym owners who she considers mentors. Molly started working with kettlebells about two years ago. After working with kettlebells, she fell in love with them and became certified and started teaching classes. After having injuries, kettlebells were a great tool to grow with. Molly also works with Strength Matters and got to be a part of the Chicago Summit.
Today’s topics include:
* How opening a gym is a massive step and a big risk
* To open her gym, Molly met with other successful gym owners and they shared tips and insights with her
* She also did a ton of online research
* She thought about joining a business community, but held off on it
* She wanted to see if she could do it on her own
* She doesn’t feel she has a numbers mind, so she had to train herself in areas that she knew weren’t her strengths
* She also feels responsible for putting things on the line for her husband
* She collected data, did research, and talked to business owners
* They did a forecast spreadsheet and put together solid numbers
* Molly’s husband is a numbers guy, plus she found a mentor that wanted to help her out
* She has recently been investing in business coaching and The Strength Matters Business Academy
* Now Molly has been putting systems into place to help things run smoothly and she hired someone to help with the process
* She also reads leadership development books
* Systems for the gym right now consist of a sales process – what happens after the first point of contact – collect information – follow up – don’t let them fall through the cra
Rated 5 out of
Awesome! Highly recommend! One of the best podcasts out there.. fun, engaging... not the usual drivel you here! Keep up the good work!
Date published: 2014-06-27