Permission to Speak
About This Show
The interviews in this video blog loiter roughly at the intersection of ideas about…
Leaders wanting their people to be honest and speak up about how to innovate, improve their organization and better serve their customers...
Technology that naturally facilitates connections and communications between individuals and groups...
Results that serve the higher purpose of an organization while taking into account the way humans work, learn, react and grow.
While loitering and talking about ideas, we also want to have a little fun, share practical advice, and keep it lively so as not bore anyone, especially ourselves!
This podcast is ideal for managers and leaders who want to improve their skills and get better results for their organizational and personal success!
Most Recent Episode
Episode #28 - Chad Littlefield - Permission to Speak - Leadership Podcast - Interview with Kelly Vandever
< 1 day ago
Permission to Speak Podcast. Hosted by Leadership Communications Expert Kelly Vandever. Episode #28 - Chad Littlefield. Permission to Speak is the video blog and podcast that loiters at the intersections of leaders who want their people to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve an organization’s higher purpose. Topics covered in this episode include:
- Creating relationships of trust
- World in Conversation
- The default questions we ask
- Creating dialog
- Asking different questions to create deeper connections
- For example, instead of asking, “How are you?” ask “What do you really care about?”
- Another example, instead of asking, “How was your weekend?” ask, “What’s a moment worth remembering from your weekend?”
- Incrementally building trust among people
- Project Aristotle from Google
- Psychological safety
- What managers do is very viral
- Foundational tool is intention
- When you go into a conversation or meeting, share your intention about what’s going to happen
- Create a workplace that’s worth showing up to
- Positive social risk
- Leading by design
- Seeking feedback on iterative cycles
- We! Connect Cards
- Having conversations that matter
- Creating a declaration for yourself “I am the possibility that…”
- Questions Answered:
- How do you teach empathy?
- How did you build trust?
- How do you build a culture of building a relationship of trust?
- How do I change the conversation to build deeper connections at work?
- Books & Product Recommended:
- We! Connect Cards
- Pocket Guide to Facilitating Human Connections by Rod Lee and Chad Littlefield
- Ask Powerful Questions: Create Conversations That Matter by Will Wise