Ask a Cycling Coach - TrainerRoad Podcast
About This Show
TrainerRoad's Ask a Cycling Coach podcast gives you the chance to get answers to your cycling and triathlon training questions with USAC/USAT Level I certified coach Chad Timmerman and other special guests.
Most Recent Episode
Ask a Cycling Coach: 077 - TrainerRoad Podcast
5 days ago
• What is metabolic efficiency testing?
• How to know how much fat you are burning
• Coach Chad, Jonathan and Nate's MET results
• Does every athlete's threshold reside at 4mmol/L?
• Which trainers are the quietest?
• What to do after you reach peak fitness
• Can you you maintain a peak for a whole season?
• Do oval chainrings make a difference?
• Should athletes calculate their caloric burn differently?
• Which build plan should you pick: short or general?
• How to know if you've had a bad test or if you've lost fitness
• What to do if cadence drills don't allow you to hold your power targets
• How to become a better climber
• How to keep your cycling shoes fresh
• What trainer is best for mountain biking?
• What testing can help you understand your genetic limitations?
• What power-to-weight ratio can you achieve?
Rated 5 out of
One of my favorites
Great podcast! Lots of great info for cyclists and triathletes. Although the podcast is from the folks at TrainerRoad, you don't need to be a TrainerRoad user to get plenty of great training information.
Date published: 2016-07-19
Rated 5 out of
Informative and fun
Always a great discussion about cycling and training. Chad, Jonathan, and Nate are knowledgeable and articulate, and their interchange is fun to listen to. I always learn something.
Date published: 2016-12-07