Career Coaching with Jessness - Career advice for taking action, finding work you love, and living your best life!
About This Show
What’s different about my career advice is that I’ve worked IN THE HIRING WORLD for 4+ years! I’ve hired hundreds of people and seen way too many resumes to count.
I know what hiring managers want. And know how to help you articulate your skills in a way that helps you stand out amongst your peers. So you can do the work you're here to do in the world. So you can ask for more money with confidence and support you and your family in a much bigger way.
The information I share isn't vague or from some article I read online either. All my tips, advice, and strategies come from real life situations I've been part of. My goal is that you learn a lot from this show, take action, and reach out for help when you need it. Holler at me - email@example.com
_____ If you find the show helpful, please leave a review in iTunes. It helps more people find the show and I get to help more people like you!
Most Recent Episode
059 | Non-Tech Startup Tactics - Success tips for entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley's HustleCon 2017
Jessica Smith: Career Advice | Interview Prep | Job Interview Questions | Personal Brand | LinkedIn Tips | Salary Negotiation
Hustle Con is a one-day startup event where the world's most successful non-technical founders:
1. Tell their origin stories
2. Teach the practical tactics they used to start and grow their startup
3. Share behind the scenes insights on their wins and losses
I had an absolute blast at this year's Hustle Con event. It was my first time there, but it definitely won’t be my last. Big thanks to everyone who made the event possible!
Each year Hustle Con invites the world's most interesting entrepreneurs, leaders, and do-ers to tell their 'behind the scenes’ story. Learn more at http://hustlecon.com/
Tune into today’s episode for the best success tips shared during the event. It will feel like you were actually there…ooooo neat, time travel.
ROLL CALL (in order of mention in the show)
- Casey Niestat, YouTube Star and founder of Beme
- Miguel McKelvey, co-founder of WeWork
- Mayfield Fund featuring Tim Chang and Rishi Garg, a Silicon Valley VC firm which has partnered with the founders of Lyft, Marketo, and SolarCity to name a few.
- Jen Rubio, founder of the first-class company, Away
- Manish Chandra, founder, and CEO of Poshmark
- Shan-Lyn Ma, founder of Zola crushing the $300 billion wedding industry (GO GIRL!)
- Tom Bilyeu, founder of Quest Nutrition and Impact Theory
- Tucker Max, founder of Book in a Box and the well-known book, 'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell'
SHOUT OUTS - It was so great meeting each of you, I wish you all the success in the world and will be rooting for you as we continue to grow our businesses!
- Gus Shultz, VP and Head of Talent for ScaleLab
- Josh Edwards, Senior Accounting Manager at RiskSense
- Austin Gaydos from Arena Solutions
- Yoon Kim, founder, and creator of Starboard
- Lucas Ho, start-up entrepreneur for VR apps concentration on museum industry
Want to collaborate together? Say hi? Suggest a show topic? Holler at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've been hanging in Instagram A LOT lately, come join? Find me @coachjessness
SIGN UP TO ACCESS MY CAREER SUCCESS RESOURCE HUB - http://www.jessnessrequired.com/lovemyjob
DO YOU HAVE A SECOND? LEAVE THE POD A REVIEW!
This helps more people find the show, and in turn, I get to help more people like YOU.
Check out my book, YOUR TWENTIES - http://www.jessnessrequired.com/book
MORE OF A VISUAL LEARNER? I got chu covered.