Radio Survivor Podcast
About This Show
The Radio Survivor podcast is a weekly show that explores the future of radio that matters, with a focus on community, college and low-power FM, along with podcasting and internet radio. Hosts Paul Riismandel and Eric Klein highlight the best and most innovative audio programming and keep you updated on the news that affects our ability to make, create and listen to great radio.
Most Recent Episode
Podcast #88 – From Color Bar Radio to WRIR
WRIR is a community radio station born from the first wave of low-power FM in the early 2000s. Yet the station has roots in the rich history of independent media in Richmond, VA. Intrepid radio tourist Jennifer Waits shares her tour of the station, uncovering obscure cable radio history along with some unexpected facts about her alma mater’s college station at Haverford University.
First, Paul addresses recent inquiries that we’ve fielded about Corporation for Public Broadcast funding and about our coverage of the topic.
Please help us our work in providing community radio and podcasting coverage seen nowhere else. If we don’t do it, it won’t get done.
Make a monthly contribution of $1 or more to our Patreon campaign or a one-time contribution via PayPal.
* Podcast #85 – Dreaming of a Better CPB
* Podcast #81 – To Thrive in 2017 Put the Community in Community Radio
* ‘The Pub’ #91: What would actually happen if they defunded CPB
* Current: 5 things you need to know about threats to CPB funding
* Radio Station Visit #124 – Community Radio Station WRIR-LP in Richmond, Virginia