Guys with Feelings
About This Show
Jaemin and Gabe are childhood BFF's whose lives went in radically different directions. Jaemin dove into spirituality, nomadism, and communal living, while Gabe organized political movements, read nerdy history books, and got married. Yet they've always been able to meet somewhere in the middle and learn from each other's journeys. Join Guys with Feelings as they continue their lifelong exploration of the ideas, influences, epiphanies, and yes - the feelings - that make them better men.
Find all episodes and show notes at guyswithfeelings.co
Email us at email@example.com.
Most Recent Episode
#7 - How to Switch Careers in 9 Months (w/ Peter Krouse)
Jaemin and Gabe welcome Peter Krouse to discuss how he became a working software engineer in just 9 months, conscious dog parenting, ethical men’s fashion; the virtues of slow reading; and more!
Send us thoughts, feedback, and Quick Picks of your own at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Notes [www.jaeminyi.com/podcast-7/]
(2:47) What Are You Bringing to the Table?
• Peter: How he went from working in a travel company to being a software engineer in just 9 months!
– (8:39) Advice: do self-exploration first. It’s a lot of money to invest in a bootcamp or any kind of transition without knowing if you’ll be genuinely interested in it.
– (10:50) The most successful people spent the least amount of time worrying about your outcome at the end.
– General Assembly (coding bootcamp)
(24:50) Advice: If you’re not passionate about it, it’s not going to be worth your time.
• (27:25) Gabe: Working with a conscious dog trainer has made all the difference with their dog’s behavior issues.
– The Zen Dog
(39:00) Quick Picks
• Peter’s #1: Journey (videogame)
• Gabe’s #1: Make your phone less appealing by turning it to black & white; and answering the phone immediately when you get a call.
• Jaemin’s #1: The benefits of Slow Reading (the anti Speed Reading).
• (56:52) Peter’s #2: Well-Spent.com (men’s fashion blog focusing on responsibly made, ethical fashion)
• Gabe’s #2: Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy
• Jaemin’s #2: Viewing exercise for it’s emotional/mental benefit, rather than physical.
Find Us Online
• Peter’s Instagram
• Gabe’s twitter
– Gabe’s latest blog post: “My Top 6 Books of 2016””
• Jaemin’s twitter
– Jaemin’s latest blog post: “Three Books I’m Embarrassed to Admit Changed My Life”
• Music for the podcast: “As Colorful As Ever” by Broke For Free