The Fizzle Show: Blogging, Entrepreneurship & Self Employment
About This Show
A podcast for online business builders who want to earn an independent living doing something they care about. Fizzle.co is a leader in online business education. We publish conversations about blogging, online marketing, building an audience, entrepreneurship, email list growth, creating content that builds an audience, online video, social media, conversion, selling online, design, work life ballance and more. If you like the Tim Ferriss show, Pat Flynn's Smart Passive Income, James Altucher's show or #AskGaryVee, you'll love our show.
Most Recent Episode
082 - The 1 Reason Why Corbett's Starting A Blog
3 days ago
http://fizzleshow.co/82 - On the show today, something completely new to us: a collection of current events that, remarkably, wove themselves around a common theme.
One of the biggest regrets of those close to dying is this: **that they didn't speak their mind more throughout their lives.**
If you're careful, you'll hear that thread throughout the stories we bring to you this week. Enjoy!
What Happens When
- *5m:* Corbett explains the [blog challenge](http://fizzle.co/blogchallenge). (Discounted hosting, Fizzle freebie, 7 day email series from Corbett.)
- *10:* Why Corbett is starting a personal blog again.
- *12:* How Chase uses his [personal blog](http://icetothebrim.com).
- *18:* Barrett's tweetstorm diatribe. (e.g., (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535173960053563392), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535174359326142464), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535174619750469633), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535174779549278210), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535174993609764866), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535175354579951617), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535175527460786176), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535175630292541441), (https://twitter.com/BarrettABrooks/status/535175724664389634).)
- *28:* How the Uber news impacts your mindset as a self employed blogger/podcaster/knitter/jam-maker/hustler.
- *35:* Coca Cola's problem... it's not marketing, folks.
- *38:* Slack as the email killer... and the ultimate pivot.
- *42:* Mailchimp releases a new [UX book](http://theuxreader.com/), gives away profits.
- *46:* Corbett's new favorite [nerd belt](https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/xoo-belt-by-nifty-a-phone-charging-belt/). *"Looks pretty slick too!"*
- *49:* A tip on charging your phone (hint: it flies) and Barrett's experience with Apple pay.
- *53:* Yik Yak. We have to continue to embrace what we don't understand.
- *58:* One of the biggest regrets of the dying: not speaking your mind. Sharing secrets, personal blogging, etc... a rant from Chase. ("Solidarity," btw, is the word I was looking for.)
- *"Everything falls apart... do it anyways."*