Can I Park Here?
About This Show
Nache Snow and Astral Riles are the owners of the directory Find a Fashion Truck and manage the blog Start a Fashion Truck. They are new small business owners trying to figure out what works for fashion trucks (mobile boutiques), online boutiques, and brick and mortar stores. They intend to learn and inspire by providing business tips, interviewing industry experts, and having inspirational discussions with small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Most Recent Episode
073: A Mobile Boutique That Inspires Consumers To Make Ethical Shopping Choices
< 1 day ago
Rupa Singh is the owner/operator of Love This mobile boutique in Richmond, VA. Rupa prides herself on being part of a movement that drives change and in her mobile boutique she sells products that empower and support others. Her job is not just selling products, but it is also making consumers aware that their choices do matter.
iTunes // Stitcher // YouTube // RSS // Episode Archive
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
* Rupa has a background in Architecture and Art History.
* Rupa was inspired to start a mobile business after participating in the volunteer program at the Ten Thousand Villages store in Richmond, VA.
* She researched airstreams and found out that they are all handmade and realized that it would be a perfect setting to sell her ethically sourced, fair trade items.
* In August 2014, she found a 20ft Airsteam on CraigsList that was already gutted for only $3k.
* She thought that it was meant-to-be because the sellers of the Airstream were huge supporters of fair trade.
* She created an Indigogo crowdfunding campaign to raise the money for the renovations.
* She started out with just five handmade brands that she already knew about to sell in her truck and then branched out from there.
* May 2015 is when the mobile boutique actually launched.
* She has been in business for almost 2 years.
* She tries to educate her customers that their choices matter and that there are products that do good.
* She doesn’t operate the mobile boutique everyday, so she has not been able to turn a profit yet and is still in the breaking-even phase.