Can I Park Here?
About This Show
Nache Snow and Astral Riles are the owners of the directory Find a Fashion Truck and manage the blog Start a Fashion Truck. They are new small business owners trying to figure out what works for fashion trucks (mobile boutiques), online boutiques, and brick and mortar stores. They intend to learn and inspire by providing business tips, interviewing industry experts, and having inspirational discussions with small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Most Recent Episode
077: How To Set Your Mobile Boutique Apart From Others + Tips To Grow Your Brand On Social Media
Samantha Lynch is the owner/operator of Gypset located in Winter Park, Florida. She started her handmade jewelry business almost 3 years ago and has recently launched her mobile boutique in January 2017.
iTunes // Stitcher // YouTube // RSS // Episode Archive
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
* Samantha makes handmade jewelry and sells in the mobile boutique, at events and on Etsy.
* She used to work in the corporate world as a Social Media Director.
* She taught herself how to make jewelry.
* After her son was born she decided to go into jewelry making full-time.
* Once she started to learn the flow of the business and the accounting…within 6-9 months she started to make a profit.
* Before deciding to open the mobile boutique, she had moved her studio workspace from home over to her husband’s company’s warehouse.
* When she was forced to look for a new office space, she then considered the idea of moving the studio into a trailer that would park in the back of her husbands warehouse.
* She found the trailer / camper on Craigslist and paid only $2,000.
* Her husband renovated the entire trailer.
* She found an artist to do freehand lettering on the exterior of the camper AND hand-painted an accent wall inside of the trailer.
* She also has been able to hire an assistant for the business.
* Monday – Friday, she parks the trailer at her husband’s warehouse.
* On the weekends she does pop-up shops & other events.
* She is not yet 100% comfortable pulling the trailer, hooking it