Can I Park Here?
About This Show
Nache Snow and Astral Riles are the owners of the directory Find a Fashion Truck and manage the blog Start a Fashion Truck. They are new small business owners trying to figure out what works for fashion trucks (mobile boutiques), online boutiques, and brick and mortar stores. They intend to learn and inspire by providing business tips, interviewing industry experts, and having inspirational discussions with small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Most Recent Episode
068: Operating an Up-Scale Designer Resale Mobile Boutique
7 days ago
Joslyn Slaughter is the owner of Shop The Thrifty Fashionista Mobile Boutique in Chicago, IL. Joslyn runs the mobile boutique with her mom. The focus of their business is higher-end / upscale designer items.
iTunes // Stitcher // YouTube // RSS // Episode Archive
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT:
* Her mom is her business partner. They used to own a brick & mortar resale boutique in the Bronzeville neighborhood in Chicago.
* The resale shop was open for about 4 years.
* From concept to completion, it was about 8 months.
* She launched the mobile boutique back in September 2016.
* Her mom’s mechanic found the truck for them. It only took him about 1 month to find it.
* Instead of getting a wrap installed on the truck, she found an artist to paint artwork on the truck.
* The overall total investment for starting the mobile boutique business was around $30-$35k.
* She has a very good support system. Her fiance helps with taking photos for social media.
* She also plans to incorporate an online store.
* She has a pop-up shop in Bronzeville until February. The pop-up shop includes both men’s and women’s clothing. Located at 646 1/2 E. 43rd St, Chicago IL.
* The City of Chicago has recently come out with a temporary license that will allow her to park at street meters. The license last for 2-years.
* If you live in colder climates, she recommends having a set of interior doors to help keep in the heat.
* She recommends contacting the city to find out any upcoming events that you can participate in.