The Product Startup: From Prototyping and Product Design to Selling and Shipping Products, all on a Small Business Budget!
About This Show
Hear stories from small business owners, inventors, product founders and Shark Tank winners who brought their products to market. Learn from their successes and failures. Get advice from industry experts on maximizing your budget and working efficiently. From idea generation to prototyping, product design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, and shipping – by learning the process yourself, it’s easier for you to decide when, and where, to get the help you need.
Most Recent Episode
TPS020 – Matt Ruedlinger with Triple R Marketing - The Product Startup: From Prototyping and Product Design to Selling and Shipping Products, all on a Small Business Budget!
2 days ago
Matt Ruedlinger, founder of the marketing firm Triple R Marketing. He is also a successful serial entrepreneur. For years, Matt gave his clients Joan’s Caramels on their birthdays. Clients loved the personal touch of receiving caramels and they quickly became a key part of his business. When he got word that the store was closing, Matt took over as the new owner.
In this episode, we learn about
* Creating customer experiences to separate yourself from the competition
* Why Matt and his wife decided to buy Joan's Caramels
* Expanding the business into online sales
* Working with local wineries to infuse caramels with their wine, and increasing sales for both businesses by creating a unique product
* Selling to companies direct via a corporate program
* Strengthening relationships with people outside of selling
* Getting your children involved in your business and teaching them business lessons
* Having conversations with customers outside of selling to them, using Twitter for customer service and building a community with Facebook
* Using social media to build trust and avoiding conversations that turn customers away
* Using analytics in Facebook to track when / where you're getting the most engagement, starting locally first
* Posting photos with a call to action to grab people's attention and target their interests
* Segmenting your audience and customizing marketing just for them - and testing what works
* Ensuring you have a call to action when you provide valuable content
* The advantages of using LinkedIn to build your network
* Outsourcing tasks to help you focus on growing the business
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
* Social Media
* LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/triplermarketing
* Facebook: facebook.com/triplermkt