Vintage Homeschool Moms – Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network
About This Show
Preserving the best of the past with an eye to bless future generations the show offers no excuses, perfection or compromise. Felice hosts this weekly show on Monday at Noon Eastern, often with guests.
Most Recent Episode
Appreciating Classical Music
7 days ago
Let's Talk About Appreciating Classical Music with Felice Gerwitz
Is appreciating classical music a priority in your homeschool? Our family has enjoyed many wonderful unit studies surrounding this topic, the children learned how to identify the sounds of the instrument and many of the composers. This has not only expanded their minds but encouraged them in their study of music. Whether you are a classical music fan or a newcomer to studying classical music you will find many ideas and tips for teaching your children about classical music.
Thanks to our sponsors
Home Music Tools -Website
With special offers, be sure to visit their Facebook Page and website for more information.
- Sony Pictures: AffirmsFilms.com and the latest movie with great values and message - Smurfs: The Lost Village.
Download your Christian study guide here: smurfs_discussion_guide
Show Notes: Appreciating Classical Music
For the kids - Printable Appreciating Classical Music Music Appreciation
Why Study Classical Music?
* It is enjoyable
* It evokes emotion
* The lives of the composers are interesting
* It is complex
* You might learn the sounds the different instruments makes
* It may encourage you to attend the Philharmonic or performing arts center near you (yay! Field trip – add that in the “book”_
* You can learn to identify pieces to the composers
* It helps you become engaged, you don’t tune it out like you might other music
* It is a form of escape – a break from reality
* IT may spur your child to learn to play an instrument and create music of their own!
Music Selections Played in this podcast on appreciating classical music:
* Johann Sebastian Bach, Jesus Joy of Man's Desiring
* Bach -Tocatta and Fugue
* Beethoven - Fur Elise