Plant Power Podcast
About This Show
The Plant Power Podcast is a weekly inspiring and practical podcast with me your host Dylan. It involves long form conversations with inspiring guests on all things plant powered. Occasionally I sit down with myself and focus on a topic im interested in. You'll hear about nutrition, exercise, running, animal rights, yoga, spirituality, sustainability, food, and much more. This podcast is a platform to inspire and motivate you to get more plant powered and to find your true authentic self.
Most Recent Episode
PPP 23: Clearing up the confusion with cholesterol!
< 1 day ago
There is so much confusion and nonsense within nutritional science and the science on cholesterol is no exception. Butter is back! Cholesterol isn’t an indicator for heart disease! The list goes on. So much so that sometimes I start to question what I believe. Dietary fats and especially those derived from animals products are the main causes of cardiovascular disease in the western diet. We take a deep dive into the plethora of science that recognizes this and we reveal how and why science and people are now saying that cholesterol and saturated fat are no longer bad for you. We also discuss how to make fats a healthy part of your wholefood plant-based diet. This one definitely cleared up some confusion for me so I hope it does for you too!
Link to nutrition studies cited: http://www.plantpower.co.nz/clearing-confusion-cholesterol-scientific-studies/
- Yes, Cholesterol Matters: http://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2015/04/28/neal-d-barnard-and-angela-eakin-yes-cholesterol-matters/
- Power Foods for the Brain: http://www.pcrm.org/shop/byNealBarnard/power-foods-for-the-brain
- Food for Life: http://www.pcrm.org/shop/byNealBarnard/food-for-life
- Reversing Heart Disease: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804110387?ie=UTF8&tag=ornishspecom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0804110387
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1583332723/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=heartattackpr-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399369&creativeASIN=1583332723
Colin T. Campbell
- The China Study: https://www.amazon.com/China-Study-Comprehensive-Nutrition-Implications/dp/1932100660
Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes!
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/plantpowerpodcast
Facebook Plant Power NZ