Digital Sport podcast with Dan McLaren
About This Show
The Digital Sport podcast is a twice-weekly show by DigitalSport.co founder, Daniel McLaren. He sits down to chat 1-2-1 with some of the most interesting and inspiring people in the sports/tech industry. Finding out what they are passionate about, their career journey, the highs (and lows) and what they're working on now. Make sure you subscribe!
Most Recent Episode
21: Sean Callanan, Founder of Sports Geek
3 days ago
Sean Callanan has built up an archive of 130+ podcasts, talking to sports business exec's from around the world and been working with teams and leagues in Australia helping with their digital efforts since 2009.
I had the pleasure of appearing on Sean's podcast back in 2014 (episode 37 if you want to look it up) and this was my chance to return the favour and also pick his brain on many topics including;
- Working within sports and how he fits in between digital and commercial teams
- Being an advocate for digital
- Some of his experiences, good and bad
- Why you should ask sports sponsors what they want, and then what they want and then what they want!
- How he came to set up Sports Geek back in 2009 and how the industry has changed in the last 7 years
- How he uses Snapchat and how he advises clients to do so
- His hints and tips for setting up a podcast
- How sports could utilise podcasts to reach new audiences
- His thoughts on eSports and why he'd have trouble advising purchases of teams and its expansion
You can find Sean and links to his shows on http://www.SportsGeekHQ.com
His interview with Blair Hughes as mentioned in the show can be found on http://sportsgeekhq.com/podcast/blair-hughes-interviews-sean-callanan-on-sports-geek-podcast/
You can also find details on how to contact Sean and request membership of his Slack Group on his website.
If you likes this show then do have a listen to the 20+ already in the archive and I'd really appreciate a rating or review. Thanks!!