Digital Communion Podcasts: We’re All Alone in This Together
About This Show
We’re All Alone in This Together. Digital Communion is dedicated to exploring all aspects of the Human Experience. Join Nic Gabriel and Thomas Faustin-Huiskin as they relate their experiences and musings on life.
Most Recent Episode
Ep. 35: The Biggest Reality TV Show – the US Presidential Election
The world just can’t look away from the drama that’s defining the 2016 presidential election. And the most obvious factor is Donald Trump. But is he a genius marketing mastermind, making controversial statements on purpose? Or is he merely in the right place at the right time in history, causing many to overlook the otherwise outrageous or controversial? In this episode we’re discussing this and more, including people’s desperation to be part of a tribe, inherent distrust of authority, and a recent experience that altered Nic’s opinion of government. The answer might surprise you. Listen now.
“When you’re born in this world you’re given a ticket to the freak show, and when you are born in America you’re given a front row seat.” – George Carlin
Watch or Listen below or get the Podcast free on iTunes
– Donald Trump: Genius Mastermind or Lucky Idiot?
– What Trump’s speech patterns say about him
– Social cues that can imply the level of someone’s intelligence
– The possibility that the American political system is rigged
– How did Trump get this far without the full support of Republicans?
– Is polling a sham?
– Is the American election just a giant reality TV show?
– Why does it seem like we just can’t look away from the political drama
– People’s desperation to be part of a tribe
– Inherent distrust in authority and government systems
– A recent experience that changed Nic’s perspective on the need for government regulation
– People are only truly free when they are safe
– The conspiracy of the New World Order: is it really such a bad thing?
– How the perception of safety relates to the heartbreaking race issues that are being exposed day after day
– Emissions standards vs integrity standards
The Higherside Chats Podcast