Creative Control with Joe Feeney
About This Show
Creative Control is a different kind of pro wrestling podcast, that focuses on booking, character development, angles, and all of the backstage and pre show work that goes into professional wrestling.
Each show will feature a different guest, who will discuss their experiences in the business, their beliefs in how wrestling should be presented, and a whole hell of a lot more!
Past guests have included Jeff Jarrett, Cliff Compton, Ed Ferrara, Homicide, Joel Gertner, JJ Dillon, Les Thatcher, The Blue Meanie and more!
Most Recent Episode
Episode 81 with Ed Ferrara
Episode 81's guest is former WWF, WCW, and TNA Creative Team member and current Full Sail University Professor, Ed Ferrara. It is Ed's second go round on CC, as he was a guest way back on episode 12. On that episode we discussed the wrestling training he received back before working in the California independents as Bruce Beaudine, his work in televison, and his eventual entry into WWF Creative. We talked about working with Vince McMahon and the other stars of that time, including Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, and more, as well as Ed's exit from the WWF with Vince Russo.
On this episode, we cover more about his time leaving the WWF and joining WCW, including:
- The WWF's signing of Chris Jericho just before Ferrara and Russo left for WCW, how they would have used him, and his Hal Of Fame career including his excellent work today.
- Seeing a WWE Hall Of Famer become President Of The United States (yes, if you've been living under a rock, Donald Trump was elected the 45th President of the United States
-Working on a WCW Creative Team after Vince Russo left in January 2000
- Tank Abbott vs. Big Al in a "Skins Match" at SuperBrawl 2000, the crazy ending to the match, and reactions backstage
- Pushing Bret Hart to the main event and the World Championship in WCW, and Eric Bischoff's claims that Bret was a "shell of himself" while working for WCW.
- Ed's favorite debuts in wrestling history
- Why a Steve Austin vs. Jeff Jarrett feud never happened, Russo & Jarrett's friendship, and what Ed thought of Jeff as a WCW main eventer
- Working with Bill Goldberg, Goldberg's reaction to a messed up segment on a Nitro, and Ed's thoughts on Goldberg's return and current run in WWE
- Randy Savage's attempt at returning to the wrestling business in 2001, and Ed's involvement with that
- Working with Roddy Piper in WCW, and Ed's memories of a shocking promo Piper wished to cut on "The Powers That Be"
- Sid Vicious' dislike of a Nitro script, and his refusal to follow it, and the crazy Nitro that followed.
- Being face to face with an infuriated Scott Steiner, Steiner calling out DDP for real live on televison, and the legit backstage fight afterwards.
- The WCW sale, being backstage in Panama City, and being backstage as Shane McMahon and Bruce Prichard took over.
- Would Ed ever write a book about his experiences, and what were his plans after WCW folded?
- Did Ed ever try to return to the WWF?
- Brock Lesnar as a one of kind attraction in today's wrestling, his m