Creative Control with Joe Feeney
About This Show
Creative Control is a different kind of pro wrestling podcast, that focuses on booking, character development, angles, and all of the backstage and pre show work that goes into professional wrestling.
Each show will feature a different guest, who will discuss their experiences in the business, their beliefs in how wrestling should be presented, and a whole hell of a lot more!
Past guests have included Jeff Jarrett, Cliff Compton, Ed Ferrara, Homicide, Joel Gertner, JJ Dillon, Les Thatcher, The Blue Meanie and more!
Most Recent Episode
Episode 85 with Pete Gas
PETE GAS from the Mean Street Posse stops by the show to talk about his new book, "Looking At The Lights," now available on Amazon!
Topics we cover include:
- the early days of his friendship with Shane McMahon
- Trying to get into the business, and Shane initially telling him why it was a bad idea
- The genesis of the Mean Street Posse gimmick, and recording the initial vignettes with Rodney
- appearing at Wrestlemania XV in Philadelphia
- working with Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco on Raw, and what the original plans were
- his thoughts on Vince Russo
- how Joey Abs was introduced into the group, and who was initially slated to portray the character!
- working with Mick Foley
- Shane's feud with Test, and how Pete felt about him, including nearly getting into a real fight!
- working with teams with "stiff" reputations, including the APA and the Dudley Boyz
- being paired with the British Bulldog in late 1999
- wrestling hardcore matches, and getting busted open in the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2000
- working in developmental, and wrestling in Memphis and Puerto Rico
- the day he was released, and reasons why
- returning to participate in the Raw 15th Anniversary battle royal
-almost going to TNA, and what prevented it
- the shockwaves when Shane left WWE, and even moreso when he returned
- attending Wrestlemania in 2016 to see Shane vs. The Undertaker, and seeing Shane's cell bump in person
all that and so much more! Please follow Pete Gas on Twitter at @IAmPeteGas and check out his book "Looking At The Lights" on Amazon.
Please subscribe, rate, and review "Creative Control with Joe Feeney" on iTunes, Stitcher, and HipCast.
You can also follow me on Twitter at @JFFeeney3rd, as well as check out the Creative Control t shirt store at prowrestlingtees.com/ccwithjoefeeney