About This Show
The Comics.Community Podcast is published twice a month. It features comic book & pop-culture news, new comic recommendations, and forthcoming books we’re looking forward to. Check out our YouTube channel for our monthly This Month in Previews show.
Most Recent Episode
I Had A Dream Like This Once (Episode 63)
< 1 day ago
Episode 63 of the Comics.Community Podcast features Randy, Rafael, Ruben, Travis, and Phil as they talk comics and pop culture for the week of Sep 26 2016. Show notes after the fold:
In This Episode of the Comics.Community Podcast…
This episode, panelists Randy, Rafael, Ruben, and Travis join Phil your host to discuss:
0:01:38 Recent Comic News
Items in comic book and pop culture news that recently caught our attention include…
* Harry Potter fans – discover your patronus charm at my.pottermore.com/patronus
* Move over coloring books, here come connect-the-dots!
* Doom Patrol and Seven to Eternity go back to the presses
* Gabriel Luna suggests doors could be open to supernatural types on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
* Disney parks look for Doctor Strange look-a-likes.
* Gene Luen Yang wins prestigious MacArthur Genius Grant
* Marvel’s U.S. Avengers gets a variant for every state
* Self-lacing shoes coming soon from Nike
* Diamond expands its central Olive Branch facility
* Marvel news: a new Hulk series, Kate Bishop to star in new Hawkeye, and X-Men 92 gets canceled
0:12:55 Comics Worth Reading
This episode, out panelists recommendations include…
THE FIX VOL 1 TP (Image Comics) The Fix is a story of the crooked cops, scheming mobsters, and corrupt politicians that run Los Angeles — and the sex toy that can bring them all down. Oh, and the hero is a drug-sniffing beagle named Pretzels. Collects The Fix #1-4
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #8 (Marvel Comics) Danny’s in a cage, so Luke is getting him out! Will his crack team of former criminals and their associates be a help or a hindrance? And how will Captain Marvel react to Ulysses’ prediction that Luke will lead a prison break? (The kid might be on to something…)