The Deliberate Creative: Creativity | Leadership | Team Development
About This Show
If you have ever been confused by how to be creative or how to get your team to be more innovative, listen up. In this weekly podcast, Amy Climer explains research, demystifies the creative process, and gives practical advice and strategies to help you build an innovative team. Learn about leading creative teams, deliberate innovation, and the creative problem solving process. Move past the myths and get real about innovation and creativity. Subscribe to get a brand new episode each Thursday.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 72: Unlocking Creative Facilitation
2 days ago
In this episode, things are flipped. Podcast host Amy Climer is interviewed by Meg Bolger and Sam Killermann from Facilitating XYZ. Amy talks about how she learned to facilitate and explores facilitating creativity in teams. This is a replay from an episode on Facilitating XYZ, first aired on May 16, 2017.
What You’ll Learn
* The difference between a presentation, a training, and a facilitation
* How to get more ideas and engagement from workshop participants
* How to address “idea fatigue” and the value of getting bored
* The Creative Problem Solving process and how it works with teams
* Facilitating XYZ
* Climer Cards
* The Creative Problem Solving Institute
* Amy’s Top 6 Creativity Books
* Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
* Book: Experience and Education by John Dewey
* Book: The Processing Pinnacle by Steven Simpson
* Matt Church
* Book: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team – Patrick Lencioni
* Book: Open To Outcome: A Practical Guide For Facilitating & Teaching Experiential Reflection
* Book: The Artist’s Way – Julia Cameron
* The complete video with closed-caption and show index is available on YouTube
Note: The links on this page may be affiliate links. That means I get a small commission of your sale, at no cost to you. However, I only share links to products that I or my guests believe in. Enjoy them!
Rated 5 out of
Completely hooked on this show! I keep binge listening to certain episodes until my ears ring. I don't consider myself a creative, and hearing that it's something I can learn and improve on through diligent practice is SO exciting.
Date published: 2016-04-13
Rated 5 out of
Great content and engaging style. I am learning a lot about how creativity really works.
Date published: 2015-10-09