The Deliberate Creative: Creativity | Leadership | Team Development
About This Show
If you have ever been confused by how to be creative or how to get your team to be more innovative, listen up. In this weekly podcast, Amy Climer explains research, demystifies the creative process, and gives practical advice and strategies to help you build an innovative team. Learn about leading creative teams, deliberate innovation, and the creative problem solving process. Move past the myths and get real about innovation and creativity. Subscribe to get a brand new episode each Thursday.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 55: Creativity Pep Talk
Do you ever doubt your creativity? Do you ever think you just aren’t creative enough or you don’t have a creative bone in your body? If so, this episode is for you. Amy explains why the planet needs your creativity and reminds you of your creative potential. If you are doubting your creativity listen to this episode!
What You’ll Learn
* How the stories we heard at a young age impact our creative self-identity
* The role genetics play in your creativity
* Why we need you to be creative
* Book: A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
* Quote: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”~ From A RETURN TO LOVE by Marianne Williamson © 1992 (Paperback; pp 190-191)
The Weekly Challenge
Try to identify where those negative messages about creativity came from. When have you received positive messages about your creativity? Do you ignore those and focus on the negative ones? How can you shift your thinking to realize you are creative? The planet needs your creativity!
Feel like reading instead of listening? The transcript will be available in a few days. Enjoy!
Rated 5 out of
Completely hooked on this show! I keep binge listening to certain episodes until my ears ring. I don't consider myself a creative, and hearing that it's something I can learn and improve on through diligent practice is SO exciting.
Date published: 2016-04-13
Rated 5 out of
Great content and engaging style. I am learning a lot about how creativity really works.
Date published: 2015-10-09