About This Show
Formed out of love, empowerment, and a passion for fashion, Chelsea's is a boutique dedicated to making every woman feel as beautiful as they are. Chelsea's Boutique works to empower women through the clothes they wear. To us, the beauty isn't in the clothes but the women who wear them.
Most Recent Episode
Life After Rape
The topic of this episode is something that happens far more often than most of us would like to think it does. It’s certainly not a fun or heartwarming topic, but it is a topic that should and needs to be talked about. Rape.
According to the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization, RAINN, (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) a woman’s chance of being raped in the United States is one in five.
In today’s episode, we are talking with a woman, who decided to keep her identity anonymous, who was raped and attacked by someone she knew.
It seems as if society has a stereotypical picture of what rape looks like. It looks like the helpless woman in a dark alley being attacked by a complete stranger. However, RAINN reports that 75% of rapes are committed by someone who knew the victim. 67% of those rapes go unreported a year. How is it that a woman’s chance of being raped is one in five and only 33% of those rapes are actually reported?
As she will tell you in her own words, the woman in this episode was part of the minority. She made the decision to report her attack. She did not receive the outcome she was looking for. She did not receive the justice she deserved. Instead, she was intimidated, bullied, and made to feel like she was the one at fault.
Although she didn’t receive the outcome she deserved, her story is an inspiration for anyone who may be a victim of rape or know someone who is a victim of rape. Her story gives a voice to rape victims, whether they have, or have not reported. Her story shows us that we should not be quick to judge and assume. Rape is something that’s happening, and it can happen to anyone. As a society, we need to support rape victims and help to try and put a stop to it.