From Caterpillars to Butterflies: Personal Growth | Inspiration | Achievement
About This Show
The From Caterpillars to Butterflies podcast is your one stop shop for all things personal growth, self improvement, inspiration, and personal achievement. This is where you go to grow. Receive tools, tips, and other resources to help you transform the life you have into the life you love. Build your confidence, self-worth, and self-awareness. Hosted by life coach Charlene Dior, this podcast is guaranteed to get you unstuck, improve your relationships and finally get out of your own way so you can create a life of meaning and fulfillment. Visit us at www.fromcaterpillarstobutterflies.com for even more inspiration and resources to support your personal growth journey.
Most Recent Episode
FCTB024: The Value of Practicing Gratitude & Tools to Support You
2 days ago
It has been said that “It’s not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy”. I also found these definitions of gratitude and I wanted to share these with everyone.
Gratitude is our ability to see the grace of God, morning by morning, no matter what else greets us in the course of the day. – M. Craig Barnes
Gratitude a gracious acknowledgment of all that sustains us, a bow to our blessings, great and small. – Jack Kornfield
Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives.
Gratitude is one of those things that we forget about. Buried and suppressed underneath the routine, tasks, and challenges that come with daily life. Today I will be talking about why is it important to practice gratitude and how doing so can influence and affect us holistically.
To be able to discuss this lesson in mindfulness effectively, I shared:
* A story of how the lack of gratitude, the presence of negative energy and focusing on burdens and complaints can manifest in different aspects of our life and opportunities (3:05).
* How my dog Ivy is a great example of how the ebb and flow of feelings of burden and gratitude occur (5:45).
* Scientific researches conducted illustrating how practicing gratitude affects individuals’ outlook, behavior, and most remarkably health – supporting longevity, diminishing stress, and decreasing risk of complications in the cardiovascular and nervous system (9:10).
* What is the Losada Ratio a.k.a. Nagging Ratio, and how it is correlated with the success of a marriage or relationship (4:00).
* How gratitude plays a role in achieving a healthier social life, enhancing energy levels and spirituality, creating better career opportunities, improving finances, and curbing materialism (15:19).
* The things I am thankful for, my habits to be reminded of these (16:52), and other practices to remain thankful, express and nurture gratitude (21:24).
It is true that we don’t know what we’ve got until it’s gone. We all sometimes feel burdened by a lot of things that are actually blessings. It is a matter of changing our outlook and appreciating what we have to realize this. I hope this episode will help you r