From Caterpillars to Butterflies: Personal Growth | Inspiration | Achievement
About This Show
The From Caterpillars to Butterflies podcast is your one stop shop for all things personal growth, self improvement, inspiration, and personal achievement. This is where you go to grow. Receive tools, tips, and other resources to help you transform the life you have into the life you love. Build your confidence, self-worth, and self-awareness. Hosted by life coach Charlene Dior, this podcast is guaranteed to get you unstuck, improve your relationships and finally get out of your own way so you can create a life of meaning and fulfillment. Visit us at www.fromcaterpillarstobutterflies.com for even more inspiration and resources to support your personal growth journey.
Most Recent Episode
FCTB028: Celebrate and Honor Yourself
5 days ago
My twin sister graduated with a Doctorate in Education, a truly big achievement, and she decided to host a big party to celebrate that.
This made me devote this episode on celebrating our accomplishments no matter how big or small – celebrating all the things we’ve done, and what we’ve gone through in our journey. Lisa Nichols said that what gets celebrated gets repeated, and I think this is reason enough for everyone to honor our journey and efforts towards our vision and goals.
Some of the points raised in this episode include:
* Why I initially questioned the need to throw such a big party where our family and relatives converged – with balloons, banners, cakes, the works (0:51)!
* A surprise that got me bending over backward to execute, which drove me to ask myself why I don’t do or buy the same things for myself (1:45).
* The need to take time to celebrate ourselves, and not wait for big things or moments to do so (4:35).
* Why a mindset that we still have so far to go and so much needed to accomplish prompts us to compare with others, feel inadequate with what we have, and keep us from going when we’re already 3 feet from gold (6:14).
* A story of a 4-hour drive to Dallas where I had to borrow my sister’s car made me ponder on the reluctance of other people to celebrate their wins to protect the feelings of people they love and prevent others from feeling inferior (10:40).
* How shining your light can improve your feelings, disposition, confidence and motivation, why these positive experiences must not be denied from ourselves, and how, in turn, it benefits those who come behind us (13:00).
* The need for things in our lives to be aligned with whatever point of our lives we’re in, and honoring that our satisfying our needs – which can be through material things – can serve as a celebration of our growth, and allows us to show up better and give better (15:00).
* The story behind the moniker Modest Charlene and why I encourage people not to be too modest and instead celebrate their victories (18:52).
* Identifying areas that aren’t congruent in your life, and reasons why you’re holding back from celebrating (22:10).
How do you celebrate and hono