Dirty White Belt Radio (Cageside Concussioncast)
About This Show
The Dirty White Belt Radio show focuses on jiu-jitsu and other fighting arts in the Carolinas and beyond. Listen every Sunday on iTunes, Stitcher & Soundcloud for interviews with prominent BJJ figures, experts on fitness & nutrition, outstanding MMA practitioners and much more.
Twitter: @dwbbjj, @jeffshaw
(We used to be the Cageside ConcussionCast)
Our guests include top-tier fighters, teachers and trainers. We’ll let these experts explain how North Carolina became a jiu-jitsu hotbed, what fights to watch and when, how to execute techniques and what walkout music you should pick for your fight. We also promise fun and vegan recipes with a minimum of blunt trauma, but a maximum of entertainment.
Most Recent Episode
Voices of Toro Cup 6: Nico Ball & many more
5 days ago
In this special, extra-long bonus episode, we talk to competitors, coaches, charity beneficiaries, hosts, sponsors and more folks involved with Toro Cup! You'll hear from:
* Nico Ball of Terere Kids Project on what favela jiu-jitsu is all about, and why the money you donated at Toro Cup made a difference;
* Nathaniel Hunt from Pendegrass and Maggie McDowell immediately after their matches, as well as Chelsea Kurtzman and Laurie Porsch, immediately after their match talking about how it went -- and what the best part of Toro Cup really is.;
* Sa'idah Durkee on women training with men, her match, and why dudes should take seminars taught by women;
* Sami Seff on painkillers. (Not talking about painkillers. We interviewed her while she was on painkillers).
* Seth Shamp on the different aspects of competing at black belt, hosting the Toro Cup events, and the meaning of Dirty White Belt;
* Jeremy Arel on Great Grappling's upcoming fighter house and his time in Brazil training with Gordo;
* Tim Hufford on Chapel Hill Gracie Jiu-Jitsu's new gym expansion, going from 2,000 square feet to 10,000 square feet, and their new "Train For Life" gym.
* Nancy Reyes on her first IBJJF competition, nutrition and snacks, and what makes her like Jarrett Church; and
* Aric Shelton of Toro Cup sponsor Ruckus Pizza (and TJJ blue belt), and his experience as a law enforcement office and father with self defense jiujitsu.
Rated 5 out of
These guys are fantastic - I listen to a lot of bjj and mma podcast - this is, by far, my favorite! Giver yourself a break and give them a listen!
Date published: 2016-02-11
Rated 5 out of
MMA & BJJ in the Carolinas and beyond!
This show really covers the interesting stuff happening in the Carolinas and worldwide. Great interviews and fun stories.
Date published: 2015-12-05