The Performance360 Podcast
About This Show
The Performance360 Podcast is anything but stale and boring. It will benefit gym goers, CrossFitters, coaches and anyone in between who enjoys training. Dave and Bryan have owned Performance360 in the highly competitive landscape of San Diego for 6 years and have proven to be one of the best gyms in Pacific Beach and all of San Diego.
Most Recent Episode
#16 – 10 Key Elements of Program Design
#16 - Key Elements of Program Design
--> Download directly into your iTunes Podcast app.
Hey, guys. Please do us a quick favor and rate us 5-stars on iTunes so we can continue to produce free content. Just click that link and it will take you ten seconds. Please and thank you a ton.
This week on The Performance360 Podcast we talk about the key elements to program design. If you've ever wanted to know the backbones of how we program our workouts and why, listen to this episode.
1. The bare necessities needed in an effective workout program
2. The 10 Elements: Squat, Hinge, Pull, Push, Carry, Run, Jump, Throw, Varied Chain & Varied Planes
3. Which is the most important element of the squat vs. hinge?
4. Why it is so important to differentiate between the squat and the hinge.
5. Difference between push and pull movements.
6. The ideal balance between the push/pull elements.
7. Mobility concerns for the push/pull.
8. The importance of the Carrying element of programming.
9. All about the Jump and Throw elements and their benefits.
10. Why sprinting is so important and the difference in purpose of sprinting vs. low intensity running.
11. The importance of Varied Chains and Planes.