The Performance360 Podcast
About This Show
The Performance360 Podcast is anything but stale and boring. It will benefit gym goers, CrossFitters, coaches and anyone in between who enjoys training. Dave and Bryan have owned Performance360 in the highly competitive landscape of San Diego for 6 years and have proven to be one of the best gyms in Pacific Beach and all of San Diego.
Most Recent Episode
#18: Anterior Chain vs. Posterior Chain
< 1 day ago
This week on The Performance360 Podcast we sit down to discuss the difference between the Anterior Chain and the Posterior Chain, the major muscle groups that make up these two sides of the body, how the programming plays into these two sides and why balance is critical to your success.
1. What the anterior chain and posterior chain represents and why it's important to have an understanding of the difference.
2. Barbell movements and posterior strength: Sumo deadlift vs. conventional, high bar back squat vs. low bar.
3. Accessory lifts and conditioning focus in programming.
4. Favorite row variations for the back and why they are all important.
5. Mobility and structural issues that challenge proper movement patterns for deadlifts, squats, rows and what people should focus on with their time.
6. Signs of a weak posterior chain.
7. Why you shouldn't compare the back squat to your front squat.
8. Challenges in getting into front rack position, mobility issues with the hips and ankles.
9. Potential issues from having imbalances between development of the two sides.
10. What role the posterior and anterior chains have when it comes to overhead movements.