Brandons House Flipping & Real Estate Investing Podcast
About This Show
Brandons House Flipping Podcast documents his journey in real estate investing and creating passive income using real estate investing. Topics focus on house flipping but include: rental properties, wholesaling, cashflow strategies, personal finance, passive income, cashflow, and foreclosures.
Most Recent Episode
STA17: If I Had to Start Over & Time – Creating It
Aug 27 15
(http://survivingthearena.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/1-231x300.jpg)Quote: When you allow yourself to begin to dream big dreams, creatively abandon the activities that are
taking up too much of your time, and focus your inward energies on alleviating your main constraints,
you start to feel an incredible sense of power and confidence.
This past week, worked hardcore on our reception hall operating procedures. We probably have in place
about 90% of what we need, and now it's a matter of linking them together, and finding people to make sure
that one procedure...connects to the other in a well-oiled machine like manner.
So, I recently met with a caterer. Amazing chef. In my conversation with him, he's been showing up late,
which causes undue stress on everyone. Bride walking past her tables and seeing nothing setup...cause the linens
haven't arrived yet. Oh my goodness.
- major turnover in his staff (something wrong internally)
- forgetting things (coffee pots...leaving for another job with the keys to the van)
- Some of his employees can't come because they don't know how to get here.
Talked to him about our table setup procedure. Nailed it after I spent 3 hours working on one.
He said...but that's elementary...when each bride hand selects their own food, each needing it's own
special ingredients...just can't do that.
Not sure whether to raise his prices more...or to streamline his offerings.
Shout out to you for listening...
It's been awesome getting feedback...talking to people who I never even knew have ever heard my podcast
talking about zoho stuff to me...that's amazing. So, I know i'm reaching people...and that's great!
If I had to Start Over Again...7 Things I'd have Done Differently
* Postpone my purchase of rental properties.Started out with Carlton Sheet. No Money Down. Now, that $49 course years ago...has made me many thousands of dollars. Lesson: Focus on Cash first....then cashflow.
* Partnership – Had Nothing in writing. Partnered with a guy. He owed me lots of money. Settled for a fraction. Lesson: If you're going to have a partnership, never put your family in a position where your exposed.
* Focused Buying Area – I've bought in 5 different states. I used to work PFC's....drive to Allegheny County. Now...I'm laser focused.
* When the market turned south...I had 2 flips I couldn't sell. Refinanced them...and still sit on one to this day. Got cold feet. I actually got a job for about 9 months...and