The Bodybuilding.com Podcast
About This Show
We are Bodybuilding.com. We are your personal trainer, your nutritionist, your supplement expert, your lifting partner, your support group. We provide everything you need to burn fat, build muscle, and become your best self. Your transformation is our passion. We change lives.
Visit Bodybuilding.com at:
Most Recent Episode
Episode 8: Dr. Krissy Kendall - Is Creatine Safe for Teens?
3 days ago
Krissy Kendall, PhD, reacts to recent headlines raising concerns about teen usage of the popular supplement creatine. If you've been wondering if creatine is safe for you or your student athlete, here's what you need to know!
- The controversial new creatine study: What it said
- Krissy's problems with the protocol
- Why creatine and testosterone boosters are apples and oranges
- Creatine and aging adults: What the studies show
- Creatine and teen hormones: a safe combo?
- Why activity should be your first supplement
- Creatine as a protector against brain injuries
- The long-term effects of creatine usage
- Creatine every day versus ibuprofen every day
- How to make sure creatine isn't "tainted" with banned substances
- Krissy's challenge: Find a clinical paper which directly implicates creatine as a cause for health problems
- What would have made this study better
- Debunking the "creatine causes dehydration" notion
- For parents: Do you need to worry about your student athlete and creatine?
- Athletes: If you have concerns, take creatine alone, not in a blended product
Be sure to follow us on social media for daily fitness updates!
Twitter | https://twitter.com/bodybuildingcom
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/Bodybuildingcom
Snapchat | https://www.snapchat.com/add/bodybuildingcom
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bodybuildingcom/
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/Bodybuildingcom/
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+bodybuildingcom
Spotify | http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
Mobile Apps | http://bbcom.me/2d7tixc
Bodybuilding.com | http://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast