The Bodybuilding.com Podcast
About This Show
We are Bodybuilding.com. We are your personal trainer, your nutritionist, your supplement expert, your lifting partner, your support group. We provide everything you need to burn fat, build muscle, and become your best self. Your transformation is our passion. We change lives.
Visit Bodybuilding.com at:
Most Recent Episode
Episode 23: Charles Staley - How to Lift to Stay Strong and Healthy at Any Age!
< 1 day ago
Strength coach Charles Staley offers up his hard-earned wisdom about how to balance strength, body composition, and overall health as the years go by. From programming to choosing movements to flexible dieting, he touches on everything you need to know to plan out your lifting life!
- How Charles changed his view on muscle and fat-loss at age 55
- Beginner's gains: they can happen at any age!
- "Respect your age, but you shouldn't allow it to define you."
- Is the deadlift the fountain of youth?
- Why machines have their place, too
- The virtues of training in "blocks" for the aging lifter
- On work capacity: "Training to train"
- How to structure full-body training: Meat & potatoes, then arms
- The real value in personal trainers for aging lifters
- Why what you deadlift and chin-up can "say more" about you than squats
- How many workouts a week is best?
- The safe way to lift heavy and find room for singles and triples in your training
- Circuits and pairs: They're not just for cardio!
- Making light weights heavy: The perfect goal for changing your body
Be sure to follow us on social media for daily fitness updates!
Twitter | https://twitter.com/bodybuildingcom
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/Bodybuildingcom
Snapchat | https://www.snapchat.com/add/bodybuildingcom
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bodybuildingcom/
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/Bodybuildingcom/
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+bodybuildingcom
Spotify | http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
Mobile Apps | http://bbcom.me/2d7tixc
Bodybuilding.com | http://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast