About This Show
We entertain with teachable moments and encourage the sharing of lessons from generation to generation. Through mentors, we unlock potential. We celebrate the transformation that is possible when every-day people cross paths with caring mentors.
Most Recent Episode
Life Lessons with Claire Wineland of Claire's Place
3 days ago
When she was just 13 years old, Claire Wineland was in a coma for three weeks following a “routine” surgery related to her cystic fibrosis (CF), an inherited disorder that causes severe damage to the lungs and digestive system. Determined to do something for other children living with CF, Claire founded Claire’s Place Foundation shortly after her recovery from the coma. Claire’s Place Foundation provides grants to support children living with CF and their families and also connects these families to others facing similar issues. These programs ensure that previously isolated families facing CF build up a caring and compassionate network to support them through everything from medical issues to everyday life. Claire also wants to educate others about CF and engages in public speaking and media appearances to raise awareness of the disorder and the needs of children living with CF.
1. Opening question: tell us about yourself and where you are from.
2. Tell us about the "flash of brilliance" and initial vision for Claire's Place.
3. What is your mission for this organization?
4. Tell us about some of the change that has occurred as a result of Claire's Place.
5. What is your own source of energy and courage?
6. How can our listening audience find out more and contribute?