Vintage Homeschool Moms – Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network
About This Show
Preserving the best of the past with an eye to bless future generations the show offers no excuses, perfection or compromise. Felice hosts this weekly show on Monday at Noon Eastern, often with guests.
Most Recent Episode
Fun Activities Teach
4 days ago
Fun Activities Teach! with Felice Gerwitz
Fun activities teach, right? Or do you believe that learning does not have to be fun to be effective? A little fun can often spark the creativity in your child and lead to learning that happens spontaneously. In this episode, Felice discusses some fun activities that teach and great memories of activities she accomplished with her children to make homeschooling not only a success--but something she has passed down to the next generation (her grandkids!).
Thanks to our Network Sponsor
Sony Pictures: AffirmsFilms.com and the latest movie with great values and message – Smurfs: The Lost Village.
Click here for the FREE Faith-based Movie Guide!
Show Notes: Fun Activities Teach
Follow Felice's Pinterest Board: Fun Activities That Teach
Here are some fun activities that teach:
* Math: Learning to add using numbered paper (one on each page). Child solves problems by standing on the first number and counting forward to the answer, or backward (or subtraction)
* Paper Airplanes - study aerodynamics, air pressure, resistance, etc.
* Pond life – Reading, researching, studying and documenting all without twisting their arms!
* Teaching Science and Having Fun - creating lab boxes, it is the importance to have all the equipment or supplies handy when doing science projects or experiments.
* Bubbles – in the tub, bubbles with a wire coat hanger - surface tension - learn about the science behind a bubble
* Baking soda and vinegar – what chemical property does this make? What is it used for? Have fun using a zipper plastic baggie, small paper cup (fill 1/2 full with baking soda) pour vinegar into the bottom of the bag, zip closed, flip and watch it pop! (and make a mess - do this outdoors!)
* Magnifying glass and the sun. Make s'mores, harness the power of the sun through ma