The Amiel Show
About This Show
The Amiel Show provides people who are hungry to grow as leaders and human beings with cutting-edge conversations about leadership. What’s the one skill or quality you can improve that will build your public identity as a competent and trusted leader? What does it take to manage your commitments to yourself and others so that you produce better results with less stress? How can brain science inform how you develop people and organizations? What becomes possible when you reframe organizational politics as the practice of understanding and aligning with others’ interests and concerns? How can you make your conversations and meetings more powerful and impactful? Join Amiel Handelsman, executive coach and author of Practice Greatness, as he explores these questions with thoughtful executives and pragmatic thought leaders. For all past episodes, visit www.amielhandelsman.com.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 65: Parenting 3-7 Year-Olds With Ba Luvmour [The Amiel Show] - The Amiel Show
2 days ago
This week on the podcast, I welcome back Ba Luvmour to discuss parenting kids ages 3-7. Ba is the headmaster at Summa Academy in Portland, which our older son attends–and loves!
Ba and I previously spoke about parenting 8-12 year-olds and parenting teens.
* 7:00 The importance of “rightful place”
* 13:00 Loving touch, the nourishment of this stage, comes in many forms
* 16:30 Being patient with a child’s egotism and expressions of power
* 24:30 Kids this age don’t read time well
* 36:30 Being a mountain for the child
* 43:00 Do these kids need to sit at the dinner table while adults talk?
* 47:30 Rejoicing in a child’s experience versus saying “good job!”
Listen to the Podcast
Download l Listen in new window
Explore Additional Resources
Summa Academy—an independent school in downtown Portland, OR for children ages 5-14 and their families
* Grow Together: Parenting As A Path To Well-being, Wisdom, And Joy by Josette Luvmour (new in 2017)
Optimal Parenting by Ba Luvmour
Stages of children’s development—the Natural Learning Relationships approach
* Body Being 0-7 years
* Feeling Being 8-12 years **focus of this interview
* Ideal Being 13-18 years
* Reasonable Being 18-23 years
New to Podcasts?
Get started here
Subscribe to the Show on iTunes (It’s Easy!)
* Sign into iTunes using your ID and password
* Search the iTunes store for “