The Faughn Family Podcast | family, marriage, parents, parenting, Christianity
About This Show
Once a month, Adam and Leah bring you helpful and encouraging family help. The Faughn Family Podcast is designed to help your family draw closer to the Lord, connect with one another, and impact your community to the glory of God. You may contact us at www.faughnfamily,com or email@example.com.
Most Recent Episode
006: New Year’s Resolutions for Families [Podcast]
Dec 12 13
(Trouble playing the episode? Click here to listen on the site.)
As 2013 begins to wind down, many individuals are starting to consider their New Year's Resolutions for 2014. In this month's podcast, we want to help you think not only of yourself, but of your family. What are some resolutions that a family might consider having? That's our discussion this month.
Goals must be S.M.A.R.T. We share our "un-smart" goals, that we hope to round into form before the beginning of 2014. To learn what "smart" stands for, click here.
1. Resolve to simplify and organize life. As you will see, this is really the overall theme for all our goals!
2. Resolve to be regular in holding family devotionals. These do not have to be nightly meetings, but make it part of your weekly routine as a family to center the thoughts of the home on God.
3. Resolve to help children deepen their personal prayer life. Teach them to understand not only how to keep a prayer list, but also the various types of prayer.
4. Resolve to work on a major financial goal as a family. We are out of debt, but that might serve as an example for your family. Be sure to communicate about this goal as a family.
5. Resolve to give children ways to understand and participate in worship. This is not easy with smaller children, but we must start then! Help them find ways to stay engaged during the sermons and songs.
6. Resolve to connect with and support a missionary or local ministry as a family. You could choose a missionary your congregation supports, or a local ministry like a soup kitchen or rescue mission. Do something each month to support this work.
"Simplify" was very much the theme of our resolutions. One way we are going to do that is to take a hiatus from the podcast. We enjoy producing these programs, but they take a tremendous amount of time, and we are going to take a break. We talk about this at the end of the program. We look forward to re-starting in the future, but for now, this is the last program for awhile.
To learn more about the Faughn Family Podcast, and how to subscribe for free, go here.
Background photo credit: David Amsler on Creative Commons
Music credit: Kevin McLoud via Incompetech