Working at Stitcher
Stitcher is reinventing radio as we know it, bringing the best of on demand audio content to listeners everywhere. Stream the latest in news, sports, talk, and entertainment to your mobile device anytime, anywhere. Stitcher is the easiest way to discover the best of over 15,000+ shows and live stations, with customized recommendations based on your listening activity. Stitcher is integrated with Ford, GM, Mercedes and BMW vehicles and has been downloaded over 9 million times.
Stitcher is located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district and is backed by top-tier investors, including Benchmark Capital and NEA. Stitcher has a great team and is looking for people who are excited to change the future of radio.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Fun collaborative work environment
- Stocked kitchen
- Health insurance including medical, dental and vision
- Foosball table and regular matches
Stitcher, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have an interest in being part of an exciting team, please send your resume and cover letter by clicking the "Apply" button below for the position you're applying for.
Head of Sales
We seek a truly exceptional software engineer to join our team and help Stitcher continue to be a leader in internet radio by making Stitcher available on as many platforms as possible. Our web, iOS, and Android apps have already been downloaded millions of times, but there are dozens of other ways to interact with apps including car dashboards and televisions. That’s what this position is all about – working with the latest mobile, automotive, and consumer electronics devices to make Stitcher available anywhere.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable jumping back and forth between programming languages and environments, as well as interfacing with partners and showing off our latest and greatest at events like CES.
For the right candidate we will assist with relocation expenses. If you’re an overachiever and are legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer, please send your resume immediately.Requirements:
- Knowledge of at least one OO language such as JAVA, C/C++, Objective-C, etc
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS platforms
- Experience with communication protocols such as TCP/IP, Bluetooth, WiFi, or the iOS External Accessory Framework
- Familiarity with RESTful applications
- Passion for cutting-edge technology
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with embedded OS systems (Windows Embedded, QNX, Wind River, etc.)
- Familiarity with media application, including streaming media
- Experience managing multiple projects/deadlines and interfacing with internal and external teams
Stitcher is seeking a seasoned-but-hungry Head of Sales to lead our advertising sales efforts. He/She will play a key leadership role in defining the strategic direction of Stitcher’s advertising platforms and the evolution of its offering. The Head of Sales will report to the CEO and will play a key role on the senior executive team.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and cultivate client relationships, both local and national
- Ensure that new business is generated and closed
- Set overall strategy for mobile and audio advertising
- Work with content partners to develop robust offerings
- Evangelize the product and prospect ad agencies, top tier mobile advertisers and marketers
- Build and manage in-house ad sales team
- Work collaboratively with product, marketing, design and engineering teams to develop the leading Internet radio advertising platform
- 5+ years online sales experience. Preferably within media and entertainment. Mobile experience a big plus
- Posses a strategic and analytical sales approach to building partnerships with advertisers and publishers
- Have proven sales development success in revenue growth and meeting/exceeding annual sales quotas
- Comfort with working on a dynamic team of a fast paced organization
- High level of written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Possess a BA/BS degree
Competitive salary and commission/bonus plan along with stock options and solid company benefits program
We're looking to fill several competitive summer internship slots with current students interested in mobile development.
Students pursuing bachelors or masters degrees in computer science or electrical engineering with an interest in the mobile space, streaming entertainment or podcasts/talk radio are encouraged to apply! The internship will be paid and located at Stitcher's offices in the heart of San Francisco's SOMA district.Experience with any of the following is preferred but not required:
- Mobile development
- OO programming
- MVC design patterns and development best practices
- RESTful applications
- Media/audio software development
- LAMP application development
Internship perks include: A generous stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, company-catered lunches every Friday, a foosball table in our break room, and flexible working hours.