Filed under Announcements
Last year we kicked off a project designed to incorporate everything we’ve learned about how listeners use our product and where we see the on demand radio space headed into a completely redesigned and reimagined Stitcher experience. It’s something we’d been designing since well before that kick off and something we’re super excited to deliver to you today – the all new Stitcher for iOS. At a high level we wanted to make Stitcher even more:
Simple > Make getting started easy, create a gradual discovery process for advanced functionality and remove unused features.
Personalized > Make it quicker and easier to access the content you already love and help you discover new content you’ll soon love.
Delightful > Build something delightful to use with compelling visual design, imagery and subtle but useful animations.
To help us achieve these goals, here are a few of the things we are launching in this new version:
- My Front Page – We’ve reimagined the front page as your personal audio feed. With new episodes from your favorites, recommendations based on your listening to buy essay paper as well as headline news and trending stories, it lets you pop open Stitcher and instantly start listening to fresh, personalized content.
- Simplified Navigation – Access your playlists with a single swipe from anywhere in the app for essay writer at http://samedayessays.org/essay-writer/.
- Redesigned Player Controls – New Mini Player lets you always see and control what’s playing. Swipe the Mini Player up to access the full Now Playing view, then swipe down to minimize. You can now access car mode and sleep timer via the Now Playing screen.
- Last Played – The new Mini Player automatically loads whatever you were playing last so you can jump right back in, right where you left off.
- More Past Episodes – New show info pages let you access more past episodes than ever before – easily listen, share or save them to your Listen Later playlist.
- Recommendations – Better recommendations, delivered to you on your Front Page as well as on individual show pages – for example discover what listeners of This American Life also like to listen to.
- Simplified Playlists – Easier than ever to access, set for offline listening, and manage your favorite shows in playlists
- Designed for iOS7 – Visually refreshed to take advantage of iOS7 design cues and technologically refreshed to leverage underlying iOS7 technologies.
- Listen Later – Easily add episodes from anywhere to your Listen Later playlist – from the Front Page, your playlists, and past episode lists. Even set it to download for listening to these episodes offline.
- Seamless Refresh – Stitcher seamlessly refreshes and now lets you pull to refresh so you always have the latest episodes available.
- Refreshed iPad App – Oh yeah, a fully updated iPad app as well.
Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org (appreciate feedback here instead of the App Store where we can’t follow up to dissertation help diagnose any issues) and check out our Tips & Tricks blog post to quickly get up to speed with the new version!
Thanks for listening!
The Stitcher Team